Do you believe all youth should have equal access to high quality summer learning opportunities? Do you want to spend your summer helping elementary and middle school youth acquire the skills, self-confidence, and opportunity to participate fully, freely, and responsibly in the life of the community? Then you have what it takes to be an Inspire Fellow!
Y.O.U. is pleased to announce its Inspire Fellows Program for the summer of 2017. The fellowship offers recent high school graduates, undergraduate and graduate students a full-time opportunity to learn best-practices in youth development and to prepare for a career in youth development, education, or the non-profit sector.
Inspire Fellows serve as workshop leaders and counselors for Y.O.U.'s 9-week summer program for elementary and middle school students. Fellows are chosen to assist in facilitating specific workshops in areas such as the arts, project based learning, recreational activities, healthy relationships, and sexuality education.
The Fellowship runs full time for 10 weeks, from June 5th, 2016 to August 11th, 2016. The first week offers Fellows a comprehensive orientation and training on Y.O.U. and positive youth development. The next nine weeks consist of high-impact summer programming. Program hours are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday. Apply Today!
Primary responsibilities of Inspire Fellows include:
- Facilitate youth activities in areas that promote academic, social, and emotional development.
- Supervise youth activities in a safe, sensitive, developmentally appropriate, positive manner.
- Maintain positive, supportive relationships with youth.
- Nurture supportive relationships with parents, school administrators, teachers, students, and community representatives.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers within Y.O.U., and with others in the community who offer information about, resources for, or services to young people in Evanston.
- Maintain timely and accurate records concerning youth participation and outcomes.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for continuous improvement in Y.O.U. programming.
Follow the employer's instructions to apply for this job.