NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Emergency Management Specialist.
This position is responsible for coordination, planning, operations, development, and performing highly responsible administrative work in the field of Emergency Management. This position provides support to the Director in carrying out the duties of the department including developing plans, facilitating trainings, conducting exercises, and responding to emergencies. Coordinates emergency management projects and other assigned duties as needed.
- Acts as alternate liaison to external agencies such as NYCDOHMH, NYC OEM,NYS DOH, and GNYHA.
- Assists the Director in pursuing additional grants for emergency management related projects. As needed, represents the Directors as needed at internal and external meetings.
- Collaborates with the Director in the monitoring of completion of deliverables of ASPR grants through NYC DOHMH. Identifies opportunities for improving process and procedures; reviews application for completion.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates exercises at NYULMC. Coordinates with exercise team in exercise planning and participation.
- Develops and conducts training sessions for staff on matters related to emergency management at NYULMC. Provides information and training. Evaluates training.
- Develops plan components including plan annexes, standard operating procedures, job action sheets, and operational guides.
- Assists the Director in developing and updating the Emergency Operations Plan and its components.
- Assists the Director in developing and implementing a medical center-wide plan development, training, and exercise strategy.
- Participates in the development and implementation of emergency management goals, objectives and priorities.
- Assumes designated Hospital Incident Command System (HICS) role during emergencies.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in health, or in a related field such as healthcare administration, emergency management, occupational health and safety, or another appropriate discipline, or the equivalent combination of work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional level emergency management or related experience in field such as emergency management, public health, hospital administration, emergency services, or teaching.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and organizational skills.
- Project management experience.
- Able to interact with personnel at various levels.
- Able to work under tight and changing deadlines.
- Training experience.
- Ability to understand and interpret data.
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Master's Degree in healthcare administration, emergency management, occupational health and safety, or another appropriate discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience in emergency plan, training, and exercise development.
- Experience in emergency response.
- Familiarity with Joint Commission, Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, and other regulatory agencies requirements.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.