Central Washington University
Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Full/Part Time Full-Time
| || |
| || Job Summary |
| || |
This position provides leadership, vision and oversight for overall Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) at the institution. The Director of Service Management directs planning and implementation of technology services that support business operations and academic requirements while ensuring the university remains in compliance with federal and state laws and requirements, university policies and procedures, and industry best practices. This position will identify, develop, implement and maintain business processes to ensure the effective operation of a fully staffed service desk and client technology services department.
| || Job Duties |
| || |
- Develops and maintains the vision for information technology service management in consultation and collaboration with division departments and other university stakeholders, to deliver services to the university community with the academic mission and student success as the primary focus.
- Develops service management strategies identifying staff, tools, and support requirements as necessary to ensure that operational and support processes are working as expected to support the institution.
- Engages with cross-functional teams to prioritize and integrate process development and maturation, ensuring that the right talent is engaged and utilized at the appropriate level in order to achieve successful service delivery outcomes.
- Works with other groups within the information services department, and with key customers across the university, to understand their unique service delivery challenges and needs and develop plans and strategies for meeting these customer expectations.
- Leads and facilitates implementation of new IT service management framework components/processes.
- Oversees and communicates the IT service delivery model for our institutional customers. The service delivery model covers the aspects of IT services to be delivered in a service level agreement framework, adhering to key performance indicators and flexible delivery capacity requirements.
- Conducts root cause analysis meetings and facilitates the problem management process for lessons learned and preventive reoccurrence.
- Provides feedback, advice, collaboration, and assists in the development of strategic planning, budgeting, and policies related to service management by maintaining a close and interactive dialogue with division departments, major university divisions, appropriate campus committees, and other stakeholders.
- Manages and drives the Change Control process. This includes tracking and reporting of release/maintenance window preparedness as well as post change results, impacts and trends.
- Integrates reports, key performance indicators (KPIs), metrics packages and related information for IT leadership and institutional executives.
- Responsible for data retrieval, analysis and the generation of future service delivery metric reports to support industry service quality and cost benchmarking.
- Collaborates with the internal team to develop and continually improve a service catalog.
- Other duties as assigned.
| || Minimum Qualifications |
| || |
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification (current)
- Working knowledge and demonstrable experience in Information Technology Service Management (ITSM).
- Minimum of 5 years of IT management experience in leading teams and managing employee performance.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in IT operations/infrastructure and/or customer or application support.
- Experience developing and publishing services along with implementation of the associated Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills accompanied with a customer service attitude and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple, concurrent initiatives and drive projects to completion.
- OR any combination of education and experience which clearly demonstrates the ability to accomplish the essential functions of the position.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration or related field.
- Demonstrated committment to diversity
- Current Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) expert certification.
- 10 years of management experience in leading teams and managing employee performance.
- 10 years of experience working in IT operations/infrastructure and/or customer or application support.
- Expert knowledge and demonstrable experience in Information Technology Service Management (ITSM).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with others.
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to uncertainty and constant change.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, supervise and develop employees.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks along a parallel process.
- Ability to deliver presentations competently to executive leadership.
- Able to produce and deliver relevant and effective training as it is related to service management.
- Willingness to travel including overnight when the role demands.
- Ability to work with little/no supervision and/or guidance.
- Ability to influence personnel that are not within their direct organization matrix
- Ability to embrace and promote a diverse environment.
| || Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule |
| || |
Dependent upon qualifications and experience
| Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch) |
| Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer work station for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required. |
CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
| || How To Apply |
| || |
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting, and (c) demonstrate a commitment to diversity.
- Resume including work history, education, training; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: February 23, 2017
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
| || Contact Information |
| || |
Name: Teena Chase
Title: Administrative Assistant
Phone: (509) 963-2333
Website: Information Technology Services
Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
| || Conditions of Employment |
| || |
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.