Central Washington University
Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Full/Part Time Full-Time
| || |
| || Job Summary |
| || |
The position is responsible for the successful management and expansion of the Game On! program, managing relationships with public-school participants and sponsors, including Microsoft and the Real Madrid Foundation. The position represents the university before corporate sponsors and public policy groups in order to expand financial support for and participation in the program. The executive director oversees community-based staff responsible for the delivery of program content and works with external and internal sponsors to update and enrich the content. The director conducts and reports quarterly program assessment and budget analysis.
| || Job Duties |
| || |
Project management - Oversee operations of the Game On! program
- Collaborate with other units within Enrollment Management in creating college-recruiting and visitation programming that reflects the goals of the Game On program expands from a local pilot initiative to a state-wide effort
- Strategic partnering on behalf of CWU; Strategically align and partner with school districts for CWU to be the school of choice and bring in revenue to CWU from continued partnerships; Identify new programs and/or changes to ensure CWU meets its obligation and is ready for opportunities; Enhance multi-million dollar international partnerships with global leaders including Microsoft Corporation and Real Madrid Foundation; Influence future investment by the stakeholders
- Responsible for the skilled delivery of the YouthSpark curriculum; Provide ongoing training and support to coaches and facilitators at participating high schools of Real Madrid soccer philosophy and methodology and computer coding from Microsoft trainings.
- Hire, train and supervise CWU community-based staff and student mentors assigned to participating schools.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communication plan to streamline communication between Real Madrid, Microsoft, school districts, interested partners, and CWU, and community; Provide guidance to offer opportunities to students from the Game On program to Gear Up, Compass to Compass through CWU graduation;
- Create and maintain tracking systems of student participants in Game On; create assessment tools, provide data, and complete reports quarterly as requested by Real Madrid and Microsoft
- Oversee programmatic budget and reconcile monthly expenses through continuous fiscal responsibilities
- Organize and facilitate regular meetings between Game On partners, interested school districts, students, and community members to expand the program; recommend visionary speakers and events in support of CWU and the program
Corporation and Community Development
- Identify and implement programmatic, relationship and financial strategies to support the sustainability of the program
- Develop and managing relationships with public-school participants and corporate and foundation sponsors, including Microsoft and the Real Madrid Foundation.
- Represent the university before corporate sponsors and public policy groups in order to expand financial support for and participation in the program.
| || Minimum Qualifications |
| || |
- Bachelor's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment, (i.e.: Sociology, Psychology, or Communications), AND five to ten years' experience in student affairs leadership or community engagement programs
Bachelor's degree AND an equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Demonstrated experience in higher education administering leadership and community engagement programs which use Student Development, Student Leadership and Community Engagement, and Academic Service Learning Theory and Practice
- Demonstrated strategic planning skills
- Significant experience with professional staff supervision
- Successful experience in developing and maintaining community partnerships (both on and off campus)
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations
- Experience in management and oversight of complex budgets
- Master's degree in higher education administration or a related field
- Knowledge of Real Madrid Foundation sport schools and Microsoft YouthSpark initiatives
- Ability to speak and write Spanish
- Experience playing and/or coaching soccer
- Experience working with Latino students and families to promote educational achievement
- Professional affiliation with Latino education advocacy organizations
- Understanding of Hispanic cultures in the Pacific Northwest
- Experience in corporate and foundation fundraising
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgment: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
| || Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule |
| || |
$5,000/month with periodic increases up to $7,000/month dependent upon qualifications and experience
| Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch) |
Work is performed in indoor and outdoor settings with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer work station for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel will be required.
CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
| || How To Apply |
| || |
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting; and
- Resume including work history, education, training; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: March 1, 2017
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
| || Contact Information |
| || |
Name: Sharon O'Hare
Title: Vice President of Enrollment Management
Name: Susan Lund
TItle: Executive Assistant
Website: Enrollment Management
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
| || Conditions of Employment |
| || |
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.