NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Associate Research Coordinator.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing basic to moderate range of coordination for Research studies conducted at the Medical Center. The candidate will assist with recruitment, enrollment, grant submissions, research data collection and study coordination. The candidate will perform intra-operative monitoring and serve as liaison with the IRB and the internal and external funding agencies, ensure accurate execution of research protocols in accordance with Good Clinical Practices, HIPAA and required obligations to patient/subject, Principal Investigator, research team and sponsor. This position interfaces directly with patients/subjects and Principal Investigators in support of the clinical trials if applicable and works under general supervision.
- As applicable, updates and submits necessary documents required by the NYU Institutional Board (IRB), NYU Office of Clinical Trials and any other appropriate parties in order to obtain approval to conduct human subjects' research.
- Secures accurate signatures and forwards documents and/or forms to appropriate destination.
- Might prepare and submit monthly enrollment statistics to the Office of Clinical Trials and provide other information in timely manner, as necessary.
- Aware of study regulatory status and keeps an up to date copy of regulatory documents.
- Assists with the informed consent process and ensure that the patient/subject fully understands what is required of them throughout the study and follows through regularly with the patient/subjects and reminds them of visits and compliance.
- Collects patient information for the research project(s): This may include abstraction of data from the patient chart (e.g., laboratory or diagnostic test results, surgical/radiation treatments delivered, adverse drug reactions, etc.), abstraction of data for publications, or data collection from outside physicians' offices.
- Uses tools to facilitate data collection (e.g. calendars, schedules, tracking logs, etc).
- Audits and updates the database or the case report forms.
- Conducts study visits, obtains and documents information within the time frame specified.
- Research, collects, compiles and conducts preliminary analyses of data, statistics, and other materials for reports. Conduct preliminary analysis.
- Screens potential patients/subjects for eligibility to the study and schedules the initial visits. This may include: researching and gathering information from the medical record, physician referral, advertisement and directly scheduling a visit to evaluate the patient/subject.
- Reviews all the elements of the screening process with the Principal Investigator that include but not limited to: inclusion/exclusion criteria, completed informed consent, documentation of the event and the patient/subject willingness to participate in the study.
- Position may require competency in performing EKG, phlebotomy technique, centrifuge, handling, storing and shipping of specimens.
- Clinical training and didactic competency tests may be required to perform basic procedures as part of position expectations. In house training and certification will be provided. Other trainings and competencies may be included as required.
- Position requires ongoing continuing education in all areas of research development and it is expected that the employee demonstrates proof of ongoing research education on a yearly basis. Training programs are provided through the SOM.
- Gathers and compiles data and assists in consolidating/analyzing data for presentation to sponsoring and regulatory agencies.
- Provides reports to all necessary parties (e.g., the principal investigator, sponsoring agency, etc.) on the progress of the study as needed.
- Conduct primary analysis to data collected and formulates, prepares database and generates preliminary measurement reports for review by the PI
- Assists in the preparation of grant applications and related activities such as developing grants proposals and fund raising activities.
- Collects and organizes required paperwork for submission if required.
- Follows up and coordinates resolution of all issues progress reports to the sponsors to fund medical research in the division.
- May develop draft budgets and submit to the Principal Investigator.
- Assists in the preparation of funding reports to agencies.
- Helps to identify new potential sponsors/agents for trials and researches as assigned.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
- To qualify you must have a Bachelor's Degree in life sciences, allied health or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Effective verbal, written, communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to continuous learning as required by department administration.
- Must be able to work under the direction of supervision.
- Ability to operate research related equipment.
- Proficiency in using various Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook), familiarity with Internet applications.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Time management skills and ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability or willingness to learn and develop subject matter expertise.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology is preferred.
- Prior experience working with research protocols.
- Prior experience working in an academic medical center environment.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.