Vice Chancellor of Educational Services and Institutional Effectiveness
State Center Community College District
Closing Date: 3/24/2017 at 11:55 PM
Campus Location: District Office
Start Date: 07/03/2017
Under administrative direction of the Chancellor, working with subordinate administrators and college personnel, and in accordance with provisions of the Education Code, the rules and regulations of the Board of Governors of the California Community Colleges, and the policies of the District, the Vice Chancellor of Educational Services and Institutional Effectiveness will serve as the District's chief instructional and student services officer and district accreditation liaison officer, will be a member of Chancellor's Cabinet, will work in collaboration with college leadership, will provide leadership of districtwide planning, workforce development, admissions and records, enrollment management, curriculum development and institutional effectiveness initiatives and ensure student access and success in the areas of educational programs, student services, and career technical education, and will oversee the grants and resource development efforts by performing the following essential functions:
- Serves as the chief advisor to the Chancellor on strategic matters related to planning and educational services issues and other administrative concerns.
- Oversees the development and implementation of the District's educational and student services policies and participates in the formulation of organizational objectives, plans and strategies in accordance with the district's mission.
- Responsible for visioning, planning, and directing workforce education programming; establishing liaisons with business organizations, community and regional groups, other community colleges, and four-year colleges and universities; analyzing business and industry trends to identify key workforce needs; promoting and marketing workforce development through presentations, brochures, correspondence, and other materials.
- Implements processes, strategies and feasibility planning to ensure resource development needs are appropriated to achieve the District's instructional and student services goals and objectives.
- Coordinates and directs the educational services and institutional effectiveness teams and ensures the departments are effective and efficient.
- Manages, integrates and provides leadership for a variety of districtwide instructional services to ensure the viability and legality of educational programs.
- Reviews pending legislation, legal mandated regulations, and guidelines which may affect District programs, functions and activities.
- Leads the districtwide educational curriculum and planning committee.
- Provides leadership of the Vice President group in the ongoing review, revision, development and implementation of board policies and administrative regulations to ensure compliance with legislative statutes and state and federal regulations.
- Provides leadership to the Vice President group in the planning and implementation and coordination of academic programs, student support, and administration services districtwide.
- Performs other duties assigned or delegated by the Chancellor.
Research and Institutional Effectiveness
- Provides leadership of the Executive Director of Research & Institutional Effectiveness and to the development of a districtwide data warehouse and research to validate student success and institutional effectiveness.
- Oversees, through the Executive Director, the development measurements and accountability strategies for major district programs and services and coordinates program outcomes.
- With the assistance of the Executive Director, provides leadership for the strategic planning efforts and collaboratively develops and maintains a districtwide strategic plan and facilitates a strategic planning process.
- Actively participates in the budgeting process; ensures that the budget development process is responsive to the objectives developed during strategic planning.
- Maintains overall leadership, with the assistance of the Executive Director, in the collection of data and preparation of state and federal student and staff career technical education reports (i.e. Perkins funds and financial aid).
Grants and External Funding
- Provides direction and supervises the Director of Grants & External Funding with the successful pursuit of resources from external sources and maintains districtwide support of efforts to enhance the grants development and management process.
- Supports the Director of Grants & External Funding in administering districtwide grant writing initiatives, including development of proposals, implementation of grants and identification of special funding opportunities.
Workforce and Adult Education
- Provides leadership in planning, organizing, directing and administering career technical education programs and the workforce development programs districtwide, and the Career Technical Education Advisory Committee, with the assistance of the college administration.
- Provides direction to and supervises the District Dean of Workforce and Adult Education in initiating and maintaining effective partnerships and linkages with K-12, business, industry, governmental agencies and other postsecondary institutions to enhance the acquisition, access and sharing of resources to support student success districtwide.
- Provides leadership to the International Education, Contract Education, State Center Adult Education Consortium, Central/Mother Load Regional Consortium and the Center for International Trade Development operations and other selected districtwide grant funded programs.
Admissions and Records, Enrollment Management
- Supervises the District administrator of Admissions & Records and Enrollment Management.
- Organizes the development of the districtwide instructional calendar.
- Provides leadership of the district's matriculation and strategic enrollment management efforts.
- Possession of an earned masters degree from an accredited college or university or possession of a valid California Community College Supervisory Credential.
- One year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrators administrative assignment.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- An earned Doctorate is preferred.
- Experience in instruction and student services programs and planning as well as supervisory responsibility for employees.
- Experience in educational curriculum development, strategic planning, and research.
- Experience in evaluating academic programs, assessing student learning outcomes, and leading the accreditation process.
- Progressively responsible full-time experience in teaching, counseling or administration at the community college level.
- Responsible track record of leadership in workforce development.
- Positive, dynamic human relations skills.
- Demonstrated success in fiscal and organizational management.
- Demonstrated success in a multi-ethnic, pluralistic environment and in responding to the needs of both the traditional and non-traditional student.
- Responsible track record in working with community groups.
- Effective communication skills.
- Active participation and responsibility in community and professional organizations.
- Demonstrated success in working with legal processes related to educational management.
- Commitment to and knowledge and understanding of the legislative process as it relates to community and economic development.
Conditions of Employment:
224 duty days and 22 vacation days for a total of 246 days.
Salary and Benefits:
State Center Community College District offers a comprehensive fringe benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, sick leave, vacation benefits and the California State Teachers Retirement System (CalSTRS). Salary and other benefits are competitive and negotiable, and depend upon experience and qualifications. The estimated salary is approximately $169,277 to $177,677. The successful candidate should be available for service as soon as possible but no later than July 3, 2017.
Please upload the following materials:Letter of interest, no more than five (5) pages, which addresses the essential functions and desirable qualifications of the position as detailed in the announcement; A current rsum of professional work experience, educational background, and all other pertinent information; A list of names, home and business telephone numbers and email addresses of eight references from current and/or former institutions: two supervisors, two direct reports, two faculty members (or institutional equivalent for those who have worked in non-academic environments), and two community members.Note: Reference checking will not begin without applicants permission.The new Vice Chancellor of Educational Services and Institutional Effectiveness will be expected to assume duties on or about July 3, 2017.For confidential inquiries, please contact:Dr. Robin Calote, Search Consultant Community College Search Services firstname.lastname@example.org (805) 340-1056orJulianna Mosier, Vice Chancellor of Human Resources State Center Community College District email@example.com (559) 244-5977 For questions about the application process, please contact:Sandi Edwards, Senior Human Resources Technician State Center Community College District firstname.lastname@example.org (559) 244-5976 State Center Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of State Center Community College District to provide all persons with equal employment and educational opportunities without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, religion, or other factors as defined by law. The District is a Title 5 employer.
This is an academic management position, exempt from overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act, with responsibility for formulation and implementation of district policies, regulations, budget decisions, and supervision of personnel including assignment of work, evaluation of performance, adjusting grievances, recommending hiring, transfer, suspension, layoff, recall, promotion, and termination.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: www.scccd.edu
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency