| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
* A problem solver, who can manage complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
* Action oriented and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
* Able to use compelling arguments to persuade and gain the support and commitment of others.
* Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
* A good decision maker, with proven success of making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
* Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
* A professional who has demonstrated a pattern of upward growth and a track record of results.
* Engage with leaders, in both Nursing and Facilities, to develop and drive a people agenda that supports our business goals
* Provide counsel on a broad spectrum of issues, including resolution of complex employee relations issues.
* Clarify, interpret and ensure compliance with HR policies and procedures within assigned client areas. Ensure consistency in approach across areas of the business.
* Develop new and oversee implementation of existing HR programs and initiatives to support business goals in assigned client areas.
* Work with business unit management to analyze complex issues, design effective solutions, and facilitate change.
* Create and maintain effective relationships and develop a strong knowledge of the organization’s structure, roles, goals and challenges to serve as a trusted and valued advisor.
* Proactively reach out to client department management on a regular basis to ensure up-to-date knowledge of client operations, organizational structure and culture, staffing changes, and potential human resources issues and opportunities.
* Identify or clarify business unit needs as they relate to Human Resources and collaborate with HR Management, Specialists, and Shared Services staff in the development and implementation of programs, policies and initiatives to best meet those needs.
* Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations or any related discipline. Master’s degree preferred
* 10+ years related HR experience; preferably in HR Business Partner/Generalist Role
* A track record of results, problem-solving and accountability
* Ability to exercise excellent judgment and critical thinking skills
* Ability to build relationships, establish trust, manage conflict and influence others
* Ability to see the big picture and be attentive to detail
* Excellent written and presentation skills
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.