The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center is one of the nation's leading orthopaedic and rheumatologic, specialty hospitals dedicated to the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases. The hospital provides some of the most advanced orthopaedic programs in the region for musculoskeletal disorders and the largest pediatric orthopaedic program in New York City. HJD is consistently ranked among the leading orthopaedic centers nationwide by U.S. News and World Report. Our expert physicians combine extensive experience and research with the latest technology for bone and joint problems that affect patient's ability to function. We specialize in the following areas: Orthopaedic Surgery Rheumatology Neurology Radiology.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Registrar. To qualify a High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associates Degree preferred. Minimum two to three (2-3) years of previous experience in Admitting, Registration, or hospital/physician billing with knowledge of managed care and referral/pre-certification procedures. Working knowledge/familiarity with basic medical terminology is required. Knowledge of registering and scheduling in EPIC, knowledge of radiology imaging and IR procedures and experience handling high call volumes preferred. Strong customer service and computer skills required. Bilingual (Spanish, Chinese, Russian) preferred. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for accurately obtaining all pertinent patient demographics and financial information to properly record episode and to maximize reimbursement for the medical center. Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Accurate data collection and data entries.
- Demonstrates knowledge of third party billing and have the ability to thoroughly answer patient inquiries pertaining to Outpatient Services.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Patient Bill of Rights, Advance Directives and Financial Assistance Program.
- Interviews patients upon their arrival and update all personal and insurance information.
- Explains thoroughly all forms and obtains and witnesses all required signatures on consents and financial agreements.
- Supplies each patient and/or their representative with all required pertinent documents.
- Utilizes online insurance verification systems to determine coverage, deductibles, copayments and coinsurance or other patient liabilities.
- Collects and applies payments for self-pay, deductibles, copayments and coinsurance into the appropriate system(s) for the Hospital.
- Follows with patients and their Primary Care Physicians regarding referrals and enters referral and preauthorization information into the appropriate system(s).
- Answers telephone and respond to inquiries for the department.
- Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary departments and physicians offices in order to expedite the registration and process to avoid negative financial impact on the facility.
- Cooperates and communicates with all Hospital staff including physicians, patients, their families and visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patients, and communicates ideas, problems, suggestions and messages in a timely and effective manner.
- Recognizes problems and seeks solutions as appropriate and is able to determine if a problem should be referred to a Supervisor or requires follow up.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize, establish and set priorities, and strives to make good use of time during assigned shift through careful coordination of daily tasks.
- Demonstrates adaptability by adjusting well to changes in staff scheduling.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.