- Bachelor'sDegree in Library and Information Science from an accredited college oruniversity (must provide officialtranscripts at time of interview)
- Four (4) years of supervisory experiencein a hospital library is required
- Experienceworking in a medical library setting utilizing medical databases such asMedline, PubMed, Docline or Ovid isrequired
- Experienceintegrating with clinical care teams during patient care rounds
- Experiencewith educational technology platforms such as Adobe Captivate or Articulate
- Experienceproviding professional development to nurses, physicians, students, residentsor fellows
- Experiencein instructional design
Knowledge, Skills,Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Knowledgein a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures pertaining tobibliographies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skillsnecessary to communicate with all levels of staff and a patient populationcomposed of diverse cultures and age groups
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrates good computer and typing skills
- Demonstrates good phone and email etiquette skillswith strong response times
- Demonstrates analytical and organizational,problem-solving, critical thinking and conflict management/resolution skills
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
Forfurther information on our excellent benefits package, please click on thefollowing link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
Whenapplying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System,preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in theArmed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuousservice
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
- Meet the minimum qualifications for theposition.
- Identify self as a Veteran on theemployment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to thequestion, "Are you a Military Veteran?
- Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice ofSeparation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multipleDD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy ofthe military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before9/11) or the Department of HomelandSecurity (After 9/11). Dischargepapers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an HonorableDischarge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's Licensewhich identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran may also be attached to theapplication at time of filing.
Ifitems are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANSMUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARDOR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
MUSTMEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Degrees awarded outside of the UnitedStates with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States'territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credentialevaluation service belonging to the National Association of CredentialEvaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International CredentialEvaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented attime of interview.
COOKCOUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITAL SYSTEMS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER