Basic Function and Responsibility
Supervise and direct staff that may consist of merit professional staff, professional and scientific staff, and part-time student clerks, in the daily execution of the basic operating functions of the Parking Services offices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide supervision, management of the budget, design, planning, operation, and promotion of the Parking Services division of the Parking and Transportation Department.
- The distribution, assignment, support and monitoring of parking permits, access cards, bus passes, and related access and transportation services to faculty/staff/students and public customers.
- Responding to customer's oral, written and electronic inquiries regarding placement on parking waiting lists, parking citations, permits, payments, deductions, refunds, the distribution of services and clarification of policies and business rules and processes.
- Conducting financial transactions related to the sales of services through payroll deductions, billing, cash exchanges, refunds, transfers and inventory controls for permits, passes and other cash equivalent items.
- Processing parking citations.
- Meet and work with individual customers, departments and private and/or public organizations to address their parking and transportation needs and questions.
- Manage and improve key Parking and Transportation related data and technical systems including the AIMS system, Self Service functions, McGann card access, license plate files, billing address tracer information, Call-ins, the tow list and related systems, etc.
- Improve customer service and satisfaction by providing a positive environment for staff and providing them with professional growth opportunities; clarifying current policies, procedures and practices; establishing new ones; and training staff in the fair and courteous administration of these guidelines.
- Conduct surveys on customer issues.
- Manage, support and improve key business processes.
- Create new Parking and Transportation services that improve access and maintain financial stability. Manage the financial oversight aspects of Parking Services including budgets, inventories, purchases, audits, the use of overtime, etc.
- Provide support to special events and/or programs including football games, orientation, student registration, or other similar activities. Support may include working off-hours and out of the office.
- Support and advise Associate Director on policies, procedures, practices and planning.
- Seek, evaluate, and implement programs that will improve the quality of service the department provides as well as opportunities for internal efficiencies.