The Employer Group Programs Nurse Liaison will develop and maintain an organized nursing practice in collaboration with the Dean Medical Group/SSM Health and the local employer group. As a long-term partner, advocate and health care specialist, the Nurse Liaison will review data for planning and goal development to facilitate goals for individuals and the population to: address barriers and improve healthcare access, provide individual nurse coaching service and support health promotion. The Nurse Liaison will provide no invasive skilled care.
1. Assume ownership of the employer group email for communication with employer group staff
2. Make appropriate contacts/referrals to facilitate service excellence including process improvement and customer satisfaction
3. Maintain documentation of employer group email encounters
4. Coordinate and provide nurse visits for nurse coach services to members of the employer insurance group. Connecting the dots in the health care continuum to prepare patients to be proactive in the planning, compliance and future of their individual wellbeing
a. Disease Management
b. Wellness Practice
c. Healthcare Navigation
5. Utilize resource and referral for coordination of care. Examples: RN case management/Diabetic Educator/Primary Care Provider/specialty services
6. Complete documentation of nurse coach visits in the electronic health record
7. Develop a group specific health plan utilizing employer group reports (Employer Group Report, Employer Group Profile, Quality Management reporting, Health Risk Assessment aggregate data, staff surveys)
8. Deliver/coordinate heath education presentation opportunities for group or public audiences
9. Facilitate development of Dean resource section employer group staff webpage
10. Obtain and maintain documentation of health education actions delivered
11. Provide professional leadership to the employer group Wellness Committee
12. Utilize employer group reports (Employer Group Report, Employer Group Profile, Quality Management reporting, Health Risk Assessment aggregate data, staff surveys) in collaboration with the employer group administration and Wellness Committee for development of the Wellness Committee strategic plan
13. Collaborate with the Dean Prevention & Health Promotion team to maintain consistency in goal development and service delivery
17. Assist Corporate Client Specialist in review of documentation data/reports for ongoing program development and implementation
18. Assist Corporate Client Specialist in development and delivery of program assessment tools
1. Bachelor's Degree with 1-3 years of RN experience or Associate's Degree with 5 years of RN experience
2. State licensure as a Registered Nurse
3. Skilled at written and verbal communication
4. Skilled at problem management utilizing critical thinking and available resources
5. Skilled at public presentation of health related topics
6. Skilled at group discussion facilitation
7. Skilled in goal oriented team participation
8. Familiar with allopathic, functional and integrative medicine practice
9. Beginner skills related to: computer program utilization (example: EHR, Microsoft, Outlook)
1. Background including school, public health, population health or care management nursing
2. Skilled at care plan development utilizing the Standards of Nursing Practice in conjunction with coaching strategy for disease management and wellness practice
3. American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation (AHNCC) Professional Nurse Coach Certification in accordance with the American Nurses Association (ANA) or similar certification
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
2. Ability to see fine print and to use the computer.
3. Ability to perform fine motor tasks, such as when writing, or performing computer or phone tasks.
4. Ability to safely lift and to push or pull boxes or other items weighing up to 20 pounds.
5. Ability to safely drive a personal vehicle on a weekly basis and comply with the Driver/Fleet Safety Program.
Dean Clinic –
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.