Under general supervision, and in collaboration with other health care professionals, plan, organize, and direct a program of therapeutic activities inclusive of Occupational Therapy to facilitate the rehabilitation of mental health patients to their maximum functional level.
- Perform evaluation of referred patients in accordance with professional practice act and hospital/department policies and procedures. Review patient medical records, interview and assess patient, develop and document an individualized plan of care based on findings.
- Implement plan of care. Demonstrate competency in methods and modalities employed in assisting patient in reaching treatment goals. Demonstrate patient and/or family education activities as a component of treatment.
- Perform accurate and timely reporting of patient responses to evaluation and treatment. Complete all daily notations and charges, initial evaluations, progress notes, and discharge summaries within department parameters. Document patient education activities in accordance with department requirements. Complete relevant portions of interdisciplinary patient care documents in accordance with department requirements.
- Confer with medical, allied health, nursing staff, patients and their families regarding the patient's treatment goals and progress in treatment. Identify patient's strengths and successes as well as barriers to be overcome. Coordinate treatment program with therapy assistants and other services to enhance and maximize the patient's outcomes. Modify treatment plan as appropriate and document revisions.
- Confer with patient, their family, third party payors and vendors regarding specialized equipment and services required by the patient t enhance safety and performance following discharge. Obtain required authorization(s) from patient / family before sharing protected health information with outside parties. Complete necessary procedures in obtaining specialized equipment and services according to department guidelines.
- Assist in the care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies. Order and/or maintain inventory levels of department manager approved program materials and supplies. Periodically (at least annually) review and assess existing program(s), equipment and techniques utilized by department. Discuss with supervisor the status of current programs, equipment and technique. Make recommendations regarding improvements, additions, or deletions. Demonstrate an understanding of the financial impact of costs of goods and services on the department's ability to achieve its operating margin.
- Assist in the supervision of support personnel (techs) in a professional, objective manner, demonstrating courtesy and respect. Consistently utilize support staff according to your professional practice act, national professional development guidelines, and/or applicable laws and regulations. Provide consistent, effective, and constructive feedback to support staff. Delegate tasks in accordance with the department's needs, goals, and procedures. Assist in/provide clinical supervision to new employees, students and/or volunteers as requested.
- Keep abreast of advancements in the field by retaining membership in relevant professional organizations, reading pertinent publications, attending educational workshops/conferences, self-study, and participation in in-service education programs. Demonstrate commitment to ongoing education including stroke care, FIM Training and seeking out new knowledge through self-study activities and participation in hospital and department in service and educational programs.
- Behavioral Med Specific: Demonstrate concrete operational theories and application as applied to acute psychotic behaviors. Apply knowledge of group dynamics in leading and participating in therapeutic groups and maintaining the milieu.
- Cancer Therapies Specific: Provide Lymph edema Services to patients.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
About SSM St. Anthony's Hospital
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national health care organizations.