LIBRARIAN V - MEDICAL LIBRARIAN
Job Number: 00120116
Job Posting: Feb 10, 2017, 1:00:00 AM
Closing Date: Mar 11, 2017, 12:59:00 AM Full-time Shift Start Time: 8:00 A.M. Shift End Time: 4:00 P.M.
Posting Salary: COMPETITIVE SALARY
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
Responsible for all administrative, financial and personnel matters of the Library Division. Oversees the development of the library collection to meet the professional, educational and accreditation requirements of the hospital's medical, nursing and allied health staff.
- Administers the operation of the Medical Library to meet the professional standards and needs of Cook County Health & Hospitals System (CCHHS) medical and other employees.
- Develops, maintains and provides oversight of policies and procedures for the medical library.
- Supervises and evaluates the librarian assistant and other staff.
- Prepares the library budget and monitors expenditures.
- Oversees professional and support staff involved in cataloging, indexing, issuing books/materials and keeping records of items on loan.
- Provides vision, strategic direction and leadership for the medical library.
- Selects books and publications for purchase and subscribes to pertinent periodicals.
- Provides new hire orientation to the Cook County Health & Hospitals System (CCHHS) library and other available electronic informational resources.
- Participates in hospital committees.
- Attends workshops, conferences and other educational programs to widen professional knowledge.
- Assists employees and medical staff with requests to research various topics / subject matters etc.
- Works to cultivate relationships with clinical departments to integrate educational, research and clinical needs.
- Involved in the clinical care setting through integration on patient rounds with the patient care teams in the hospital.
- Collaborates with CCHHS leadership to build information literacy curriculum for residency and fellowship programs.
- Collaborates with CCHHS academic partners to enhance access to clinical material for the CCHHS providers.
- Designs and provides instruction and information programing to hospital staff; searches medical databases, references management and evidence based medicine, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Library and Information Science from an accredited college or university (must provide official transcripts at time of interview)
- Four (4) years of supervisory experience in a hospital library is required
- Experience working in a medical library setting utilizing medical databases such as Medline, PubMed, Docline or Ovid is required
- Experience integrating with clinical care teams during patient care rounds
- Experience with educational technology platforms such as Adobe Captivate or Articulate
- Experience providing professional development to nurses, physicians, students, residents or fellows
- Experience in instructional design
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge in a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures pertaining to bibliographies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of staff and a patient population composed of diverse cultures and age groups
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrates good computer and typing skills
- Demonstrates good phone and email etiquette skills with strong response times
- Demonstrates analytical and organizational, problem-solving, critical thinking and conflict management/resolution skills
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
- Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, Are you a Military Veteran?
- Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITAL SYSTEMS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER