| Care Site Description|
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health â?? and hope â?? to our patients.
- Billings, Mont. (est. 1898)
- Largest tertiary care hospital and Level II Trauma Center in Montana serving patients in eastern and south-central Mont. and northern Wyo.
- 2,100 associates, 529 medical staff
- 286 beds (201 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cancer Care
- Childrenâ??s Healthcare
- Comprehensive Regional Services
- Heart Center
- Orthopedic Services
- Womenâ??s Services
St. Vincent Healthcare is an award-winning hospital providing person-centered care. We are People Healing People throughout the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
*This position is eligible for a $500 Retention Bonus!*
In this position, the Environmental Services Technician performs a variety of routine cleaning tasks and maintains assigned work area and equipment in a safe, orderly, and sanitary condition at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Cleaning and Disinfecting Patient Rooms and Dismissal Units
- Duties consistent with cleaning patient rooms or dismissal units are including but not limited to disinfecting all surfaces, emptying trash, cleaning of sinks, counter areas, shower and toilet, dusting, mopping and vacuuming, restocking paper products and shampooing the carpet
Cleaning Public Areas and Project Work
- Duties consist of disinfecting all public areas such as waiting areas, public restrooms - including sinks, toilets, spot washing walls, damp mop, and refill paper products, stairwells â??which should consist of trashing areas, damp disinfecting all areas, spot wash walls, and damp disinfecting of handrails, replacement of blinds and shampooing carpets, buffing or waxing of floors in areas where needed
Disposal of Regular and Biohazardous Waste and Linen
- Responsible for knowledge of proper procedure for separating regular waste versus biohazardous waste, proper disposal of needles, and storage of clean and dirty linen
Cleaning of Ancillary Areas/Team Cleaning
- Duties consist of wearing back pack vacuum, cleaning restrooms, trashing areas and damp disinfecting (Examples of Ancillary Areas: Lab, Pharmacy, Surgery Plus, Radiology, Administrative Offices, Central Supply, Kitchen, CafÃ©, plus any other assigned duties for these areas)
Departmental Service Pager Communication
- Duties consist of a working knowledge of carrying and utilizing the Environmental Service Pager. Answer all service calls in an appropriate manner and with the utmost professionalism.
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers preferred