- Leading delivery for Capital Risk, Liquidity Risk, Interest Rate Risk, Pension Risk (knowledge in at least one of these risk types is necessary)
- Treasury background
- Data skills
- Data lineage
- Data reconciliations
- Data dictionary
- Data quality
- Process Mapping
- Blueworks/Visio/Microsoft skills useful
- The Basel Committee of Banking Supervision released a paper in 2013 titled 'Principles for effective risk data aggregation and risk reporting', known in the industry as BCBS 239.
- The Treasury BCBS 239 Business Analyst role supports Treasury's delivery across a number of regulatory principles / capabilities (Risk Reporting, Governance & Infrastructure, Data Management and Architecture). The role will specifically manage the Data Governance stream and develop and educations and training programme to embed the correct mindset.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience on a highly visible regulatory programme, reporting ultimately to Barclays' Board Risk Committee on progress against our regulatory commitments - to help risk managers to make better informed decisions when they need to, by improving the quality of data and information and the pace at which we, as a bank, understand the risks we face and respond appropriately.
Business Analysis 80%
Competency Level: Core
- Understand and deliver against Treasury's Risk Data Aggregation (BCBS 239) Detailed Milestone Plan
- Work across multiple stakeholder groups to develop, document and agree service level agreements regarding the data quality of Treasury reporting, across a combination of capital, liquidity, non-traded market risk and pension risk, covering both BAU and crisis requirements
- Support the documentation of a BCBS 239-compliant crisis playbook, setting out the reporting, datasets and associated data quality tolerances for crisis reporting in Treasury
- Work with key senior stakeholders, Treasury SMEs and programme teams to shape a wide range of Treasury initiatives to ensure that they deliver BCBS 239 compliance
- Provide support to deliver initiatives as required to ensure successful delivery of BCBS 239 compliance for Treasury and Treasury Risk
- Coach and educate stakeholders on BCBS 239-related activity
- Manage team relationship with specific central teams (e.g. Risk/Treasury/Finance/IT)
- Occasional presentations to the Risk Data Aggregation Steering Committee on key topics
- Relevant experience in Risk, Compliance, Financial Control and/or Data roles
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload, as well as coordinate the collation of information from a wide variety of sources to challenging deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills, particularly the ability to summarise complex topics and present in a concise and readily understood format
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of BCBS 239 Risk Data Aggregation principles
- Knowledge of Banking and particularly Treasury, including at least two of the following: capital; liquidity; non-traded market risk; and pension risk
- Demonstrated stakeholder management experience
Risk and Control Objective
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here.