| ABOUT THE ROLE |
This role is within the Macquarie Data Services area of the Technology division, servicing the Corporate Data team in the Finance Management Group. The Corporate Data team supports a Finance Data Warehouse solution comprising multiple components across the Microsoft technology stack (SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MDS, TFS, Sharepoint 2010).
We are looking for an experienced, professional, technical BA with a strong background in data warehousing, BI and finance to join our team.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic group working in a challenging and rewarding role. The successful applicant will contribute to the delivery of technical solutions and support Macquarie's corporate data warehouse. The data warehouse environment is a complex SQL Server implementation servicing all Business Units across Macquarie.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- understands data warehousing and business intelligence best practices and delivery frameworks
- ability to work on multiple projects in parallel
- ability to dive into technical detail (SQL queries, stored procedures, SSIS packages, reports)
- strong communication skills and proven problem solving skills
- solid understanding of financial constructs within investment banking, including but not limited to derivatives, equity securities, fixed income, currencies, and commodities
- document, map and assess current data and processes in support of both projects and support activities across the various business units and service teams
- work closely with project managers, technical teams and the clients to facilitate and/or participate in workshops to define or amend business processes and technical requirements
- work with internal technical domain teams to analyse, assess and define target business processes that meet the overall outcomes across both projects and business as usual activities.
- work with each of the business units to define their specific data processes and develop documentation in support of training and communication
- work with the solution development team to embed the target processes into the solution design
- document data flows between interfacing applications
- works with clients in gaining acceptance of the solution, consults with clients on best practices for testing and validation of the solution
- ensure quality of the final delivery; understands software quality principles (tracking, analysing, reporting and metrics)
Experience & Skills Required:
- hands on business analysis experience (5+ years)
- strong experience in Microsoft Technologies (SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server
- strong Experience in project documentation with a preference for experience in Use Case documentation, and experience in all stages of project life cycles including analysis, design, build and test support and implementation
- flexible, proactive, solution oriented and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- experience within Australian financial institutions is desirable
- experience in credit risk, regulatory reporting and/or financial accounting would be well regarded.
ONLY ONLINE applications will be considered via our careers pages. If you have any questions please contact Chris Wood using: Chris.Wood@Macquarie.com with any questions relating to this role.
Corporate Operations Group (COG) provides specialist professional services, human resources, workplace infrastructure, and technology and market operations to Macquarie's businesses. The primary purpose of COG is to support and enhance the value of Macquarie through the creation of an efficient, scalable operating model. This is evident across the activities of each of the divisions which comprise; Business Improvement and Strategy Division (BIS), Business Services Division (BSD), COG Business Management, Human Resources Division (HR), Market Operations and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: 11 Jan 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time