Bachelor's degree and one year directly related work experience which includes supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in athletic facility maintenance within college athletics (D1 experience a plus).
- Experience maintaining a skinned infield.
- Experience in maintaining overall venues for competition.
- Experience in athletic equipment maintenance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of natural and artificial turf maintenance a plus.
- Experience in hiring, supervising and training of staff.
- Experience in layout and painting of athletic fields.
- Experience in identifying and setting priorities to effectively manage time.
- Must be able to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays and have a flexible schedule correlating with the college athletics schedule.
- Experience in making decisions in a changing environment and anticipating future needs.
- Experience in conflict resolution. Experience in interacting effectively with coaches and administrators.
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Activities are performed outdoors in extreme weather conditions and in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Communicate to perform essential functions
- Schedule is to be decided; includes extended hours as well as working early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays. Schedule may vary depending on assigned sports or events.
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals
- Regular use of athletic competition equipment and technology peripherals: other electronic scoring system equipment (scoring controller, computer program for running scoreboards), sound systems.
- Regular use of maintenance equipment including, but not limited to: paint machines, lawnmowers, weed whackers, edger’s, irrigation system (sprinklers, main lines, sprinkler clocks, etc.), infield skin maintenance tools and equipment.
- Operates utility vehicle, hand tools, small power tools, and moving equipment.
The mission of Sun Devil Athletics (SDA) is to provide opportunities for student-athletes to achieve at the highest levels of both academic and athletic excellence, thereby providing them with opportunities for personal growth, offering a unifying force to the campus community, and creating a source of pride among and support from the external constituencies of the university.
SDA is fully committed to the principles of student-athlete welfare, institutional control, gender and ethnic diversity, and sportsmanship. This commitment includes creating an environment where student-athletes contribute to a winning tradition while enhancing the campus and local community and competing in a program having integrity and high ethical standards. SDA is committed to a leadership role within the university, community, the Pac-12 Conference, and the nation.
SDA is committed to recruit, retain and develop a diversified workforce.
ASU offers a tuition discount for the employee, their spouse and dependents and a competitive benefits package including paid vacation and holidays, health insurance and more. For more benefits information, please visit http://cfo.asu.edu/hr-benefitsenrollment.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
*IMPORTANT: applications to apply are only accepted through ASU's employment website.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00pm Arizona time on the day indicated above.
To be considered, your application must include the following:
- Cover letter
- Three (3) professional references (personal references are not accepted)
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resumes should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
Only electronic applications are accepted.