JOB TITLE: Director of Quality Improvement
REPORTS TO: Chief Clinical Officer
FLSA STATUS: Exempt, Full-time
The Director of Quality Improvement will have primary responsibility for the strategic direction of process improvement activities, promoting more efficient and streamlined workflow and health care outcomes. The Director of Quality Improvement is responsible for providing direct support to the center’s Quality Improvement program; including the design and oversight of activities that support the Center’s key clinical and operational quality initiatives under the direction of the Chief Clinical Officer and Chief Operating Officer. The Director of Quality Improvement will help ensure data analytics and implementation of new HIT resources support Howard Brown’s quality improvement goals. The Director of Quality Improvement will be focused on projects supporting teams in carrying out the interventions, and in capturing, analyzing and evaluating data to support workflows and measure improvement.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and implements the Quality Improvement program in accordance with the mission and strategic goals of HBHC, federal and state laws and regulations, and accreditation standards.
- Responsible for facilitation of the Quality Improvement Committee and documentation according to regulatory requirements.
- Develops and leads improvement projects as assigned and related to strategic initiatives and health care improvement related projects.
- Oversees submission of Patient-Centered Medical Home applications and provides project management support for the implementation of improvement projects and evaluation and activities of the patient-centered care program.
- Facilitates strategic planning and documentation for the quality improvement program, including needs assessments, evaluations, root cause analysis and interventions.
- Develops and implements systems and procedures for the identification, collection, and analysis of performance measurement data to facilitate identification of improvement opportunities and communication to stakeholders.
- Supports clinic teams in planning improvement activities utilizing standardized quality improvement methodologies and data.
- Works with IT Department to develop agency dashboards, integrate software applications, resolve conflicts, evaluate and improve capturing of clinical information, and ensure smooth operation of integrated applications.
- Creates a positive atmosphere that encourages enthusiasm, stakeholder participation, and agency-wide culture of quality.
- Promotes an awareness of the importance of data validity and security.
- Generates and disburses regular reports on quality indicators for performance improvement activities in partnership with the IT department data reporting functions.
- Develops and writes quality improvement reports that both communicate Howard Brown Health’s model of care as well as performance progress and outcomes to funders, insurers, ACOs, and other external stakeholders.
- Presents QI projects and outcomes on behalf of Howard Brown for the Board of Directors, funders and other external stakeholders.
- Facilitates peer chart audit functions and Quality Improvement under the direction of the Chief Clinical Officer and director level clinical leadership including the sexual health clinic, behavioral health, psychiatry, the medical primary care practice, and clinical operation team.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others; proficiency in excel, and Microsoft suite products.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things, promotes a culture of quality.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please start the application process using the link below. Applicants should submit both their cover letter and resume together as the same document into our ADP system for consideration.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at Howard Brown are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, FMLA status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state or local statutes.
Follow the employer's instructions to apply for this job.