Women’s College Hospital Foundation is seeking a dynamic, detail and results oriented Senior Development Officer, Philanthropy & Leadership Giving to join our high-performing Advancement team.
About Women’s College Hospital Foundation
Women’s College Hospital Foundation is a team of highly energetic, inspired and dedicated professionals committed to advancing health for women and health solutions for all. We steadfastly live in our values of respect, caring, integrity and partnership as we live our mission to build life-long relationships with our communities to raise critical funds for our hospital.
We are coming off of three record-setting years in fundraising and have just embarked on a bold new strategic plan, the heart of which is further growth to ensure our hospital is supported as its earns its rightful place on the national stage.
Women’s College Hospital Foundation aspires to be the charity of choice in Canada for advancing health for women. If you are values-based, goal-oriented, energetic and fun-loving with a drive for success, then we welcome you to join our team.
Learn more about WCHF, visit: www.wchf.ca / @wchf
About Women’s College Hospital
Women’s College Hospital (WCH) is Canada’s leading independent, academic, ambulatory care hospital with a primary focus on the health of women. Founded in 1883 by Dr. Emily Stowe – a suffragist and the first Canadian woman licensed to practice medicine in Canada – our Hospital has earned its distinguished reputation through hard work, commitment, and a pioneering spirit of innovation.
Today, our ongoing achievements and our dedication to improving healthcare are building on that admirable legacy of leading-edge care and unparalleled caring. WCH opened the Hospital of the Future – a new, $555 million, state-of-the-art ambulatory facility – in fall 2015. The opening of our new facility amplifies our position as one of the most ground-breaking institutions in the world focused on advancing the health of women and pioneering health system solutions that benefit all people.
WCH is home to one of the only hospital-based research institutes in the world focused on the health of women, and we are fully affiliated with the University of Toronto as one of Canada’s leading teaching hospitals.
Learn more about WCH, visit: www.womenscollegehospital.ca / @WCHospital
Summary of Function:
Reporting to the Director, Philanthropy, the Senior Development Officer (SDO) Philanthropy and Leadership Giving is primarily responsible for contributing to the planning and implementation of philanthropic activities to maximize donor support, cultivate existing donors to give at major gift levels, and formulate strategies for raising gifts of 10k-150k for the funding priorities of Women’s College Hospital.
The SDO will work closely with senior volunteers, board members and other staff in the Advancement department to raise funds to support WCH programs and priorities. This individual will actively participate in the prospect pipeline management process through the phases of identification, cultivation, gift solicitation, and stewardship with a view to meeting and exceeding annual major gift targets.
- Responsible for $1 million in major gifts for 2017-2018 fiscal year
- Be an “out-the-door” fundraiser allocating a minimum of 80% of your time on donor-facing activities
- Develop annual work plan to meet or exceed annual revenue targets
- Build long-term donor relationships to meet or exceed annual revenue targets
- Conduct 24-32 portfolio calls per month
- Build pipeline through prospect identification of 35 or more new prospects per year
- Active solicitation of a minimum of 10-15 major gift proposals per year
- Be a team player by embracing and consistently enacting organizational values of respect, caring, integrity and partnership, supported by being authentic and accountable to yourself and your team.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leads development and execution of major gifts and pledges focusing on gifts of 10K-150K
- Manages a group of 150 active prospects (identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship).
- Identifies new potential donors to grow the major gift pipeline.
- Develops individualized cultivation strategies for each prospect.
- Works with Development Assistant, Prospect Research to develop research profiles on donors and new prospects.
- Prepares donor correspondence, briefing notes, proposals, call reports, and other materials as required for portfolio activities.
- Manages their own R/E data entry to capture donor activity for tracking and reporting purposes
- In conjunction with Manager, Donor Stewardship & Recognition, develops customized stewardship strategies for portfolio donors.
- Works with Donor Services team on gift processing to ensure that appropriate letters, tax receipts, invitations, and other correspondence are sent in a timely manner.
- Actively engages with senior volunteers on WCH/F Boards of Directors and Development Committee in advancement activities
- Positively represents Women’s College Hospital in the community.
- Other advancement duties and responsibilities as assigned.