The Senior Services Case Manager will join a dynamic social service care team. This collaborative team executes the Center of Concern's service programs focused on Senior Support, Counseling and Housing Solutions for residents of North suburban Cook County.
The Senior Services Case Manager contributes to the teams’ effectiveness by co-creating with the client, plans of care to identify and overcome barriers to effective and efficient utilization of resources (especially housing related)and appraises with the client his or her psychosocial, financial and housing needs throughout agency intervention. The Case Manager will oversee Rapid Re-Housing (HUD-RRH) clients with wrap around services and work with all clients on housing needs, Homesharing applications and conduct appropriate matches, intake duties, and assist with other Senior Services as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Phone intake and initial assessment of client seeking services.
- Work directly as case manager for our RRH clients implementing the case plan and overseeing their participation in this HUD funded program. Includes conduct assessment, counseling, and coordination of needed services
- Assess, counsel and assist clients seeking COC internal housing solutions as well as provide referrals to area resources found in the COC Resource Directory.
- Facilitate the co-creation of client care plans and social service interventions
- Maintain accurate records and timely completion of paperwork; create reports as needed
- Participate in agency grant and contract reporting. Organize and compile statistics for grants reports
- Site visits to client housing, travel expense reimbursed
- Provide representation at meetings with community groups as assigned.
- Adhere to agency policies and work rules, including confidentiality and code of ethics.
- Participate in agency staff meetings and other team meetings as required.
- Collect and update community resources in coordination with Resource Directory Coordinator
- some evenings or weekends may be required
- Other duties as assigned.
The mission of the Center of Concern, a nonprofit social service agency, is to provide housing solutions, support services, and counseling for seniors, the disabled, and others in need, enabling them to live with dignity and independence.
The Center of Concern’s Programs
Senior Support program helps seniors maintain their independence by remaining in their homes with access to a variety of supportive services. Seniors and adults with late onset disabilities are assisted with challenges due to aging with in-home assessments, ongoing case management, geriatric counseling and effective referral services by licensed social workers. Over 100 field volunteers provide weekly friendly visits, daily telephone reassurance calls, assistance with grocery shopping, doctors visits, and intergenerational activities.
Housing Solutions programs are supported by grants from federal, state, county and local government agencies to provide housing and homelessness prevention services. The Center's Home Sharing program is an effective solution to overcome the high cost of housing throughout Suburban Cook County. Safe, affordable housing is provided to responsible adults in exchange for financial support to homeowners wishing to offset the high costs of home ownership or seeking greater companionship.
Volunteers provide assistance in choosing Medicare plans, employment assistance, tax preparation and bother general and elder care related legal issues. Other volunteers provide shopping assistance, transportation, home maintenance, visitation and daily telephone reassurance calls to the isolated elderly.