Retinal Consultants of Arizona (RCA) is seeking qualified candidates for the newly created role of Director of Clinical Operations. The position requires an experienced medical practice leader with a strong background in clinical operations, human resource management, and team development. We are seeking qualified candidates with at least five years’ experience in a private medical practice setting, preferably in ophthalmology, as well as someone who is comfortable working for an organization with multiple locations. The position will report directly to the Chief of Operations of the practice and will work collaboratively with the HR Manager, office managers, and other members of the senior leadership team to ensure that the practice runs smoothly and that excellent patient care is provided at all times.
About the Practice:
Retinal Consultants of Arizona (http://www.retinalconsultantsaz.com/) was established in 1980 in central Phoenix. Since then, we have grown to include 32 locations throughout Arizona, providing improved access to the highest quality medical care. We are proud to have become Arizona’s largest and most experienced ophthalmology practice focused specifically on the diagnosis and management of the retina and vitreous.
The practice has partnered with BSM Consulting (www.bsmconsulting.com) to conduct the application process.
To submit your CONFIDENTIAL cover letter and resume, please visit https://bsmconsulting.hirecentric.com/jobs/113414.html
About the position:
Responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the practice. Provides leadership, direction and administration of all aspects of clinic activities to ensure accomplishment of its objectives. Responsible for assisting in implementation of office policies and procedures. Coordinate the coaching, counseling and discipline of staff in conjunction with the HR Manager, clinical managers and the management team members. Acts as a mediator as needed between staff and/or management when issues arise. Provides support to the management team. Reports to the Chief of Operations and Managing Partner
Example of Duties: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
- Provides overall leadership related to the daily operations of all practice locations, including satellite offices.
- Continually looks for opportunities to increase practice efficiency while maintaining the highest standards of patient care.
- Position will routinely travel between clinic locations in the Phoenix area, including the possibility of travelling to practice satellite offices.
- Participate in facility management of all practice offices. This level of support occasionally results in needing to address issues outside of office hours.
- Conduct and oversee employee reviews with management team.
- Conduct OSHA and compliance training seminars in all offices with HR Manager.
- Conduct educational seminars and dinner events for patients and referring doctors.
- Work with management team to ensure operational procedures are followed.
- Create procedures and work with management team to educate staff regarding all current and new procedures.
- Assist in creation of physician templates within Nextgen and recommend changes to improve efficiency.
- Review timekeeping with HR Manager and management team.
- Oversee technician chart and productivity audits with management team.
- Communicate with IT as needed to trouble shoot and resolve IT issues.
- Participate and make recommendations in the hiring process of new employees.
- Oversee the Research Manager and help coordinate research and clinical needs.
- Work with all physicians regarding clinical issues to ensure maximum clinic efficiencies.
- Assist in creating and implementing new physician schedules.
- Assist in creating and implementing the physician call schedule.
- Provide coaching and counseling of clinical managers and staff.
- Monitors patient satisfaction/feedback for all clinic locations to identify and act upon opportunities for improved service.
- Assist in scheduling of management team and all staff meetings.
- Works with clinic directors, physicians and staff to recommend capital acquisitions for improved patient service, improved efficiency and profitability.
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings with Indian Health Services (IHS) related to practice satellite operations and events.
- Communicate with the IHS clinics about updates to physician schedules.
- Develop and assist with PowerPoint presentations for practice physicians
- Assisting in setting up of new practice satellite locations.
- Working with billing manager on insurance contracts, including meeting attendance with insurance companies.
- Other duties as assigned.