Farren Care Center
Greenfield (Turners Falls), MA
Full time - 32 hours per week
Farren Care Center, a member of the Sisters of Providence Health System, is seeking a Social Worker who will be responsible for assessment and provision of clinical social work to each assigned resident, including ongoing clinical interventions and long-term care medical social work to residents, families, staff and other agency personnel and completion and maintains all required records and documentation.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master's degree in Social work and at least five years professional experience in health care or closely related field.
- Licensure required as a LCSW or LICSW by the State of Massachusetts.
- Analytical ability to collect information from diverse sources, apply professional principles in performing various analyses, or summarize the information and data in order to solve problems or design relatively complex systems and programs.
- Ability to develop and write instructional materials, prepare detailed assessments of resident referrals, conduct individual or group psychotherapy sessions, or perform other duties requiring a comparable level of communication skill.
- Work requires providing direct resident care and services to young adult, adult and geriatric residents with both medical and psychiatric illnesses.
- Ability to communicate orally, hear and listen, and accurately proofread and check documents.
- Specialized knowledge of major mental illness, brain injury and geriatric mental health including treatment options.
- Interview and provide a thorough and detailed psychosocial history of each assigned resident.
- Provide initial and on-going psychosocial assessment of assigned or referred residents. Provide psychosocial plan of service and interventions including short and long range goals, initial evaluation for discharge planning and identification of community based services with documentation that meets regulatory and departmental standards. Assist in developing, assessing and implementing the residents' clinical care plans. Advocate for ongoing services with community based agencies e.g.: DMH, DMR, and Brightside.
- Ensure initial and ongoing evaluation of discharge needs; implement and coordinate the discharge plan in concert with the facility staff, community based providers, other institutions, residents and families or guardians.
- Participates in clinical rounds with Brightside staff and Farren Team in developing cohesive care. Attend conferences, meetings, programs and may represent Social Work Department in other settings specific to clinical topics.
- Provide case management and material support to each assigned resident and or family/ guardian assisting in ensuring residents' finances are monitored and safeguarded, clothes and personal items are appropriately secured and access to goods and services is readily available.
- Worker will provide individual and/or group psychotherapy to residents referred by other disciplines, identified through clinical records, or through the interdisciplinary treatment team meetings as appropriate in conjunction with the Brightside Team.
- Utilizes effective skills in interpersonal relationships to ensure an environment that is sensitive and responsive to resident/family needs and promotes effective relationships with co-workers.
- Ongoing consultation and advocacy with individual staff members, unit manager and unit team, and the Clinical Team around issues of quality of life including residents’ rights.
- Referrals for acute psychiatric admissions and liaison for all acute hospitalizations with focus on collaboration with all providers, guardians and involved family.
- Works closely with Legal Department, guardians, court monitors, lawyers, and Brightside with guardianships including Rogers Decrees.
We offer competitive wages and comprehensive benefits including a generous time-off package for qualified candidates.
To apply online, please click here.
Diversity is important! An equal opportunity employer.
A member of Sisters of Providence and Trinity Health.