JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHIATRY
Job Title: CO Sr. Clinical Social WorkerRole: ACRP
Reports to: CO Clinical Social Worker Manager
Salary Range: MD
Locations: Johns Hopkins Community Physicians locations
The CO Sr. Clinical Social Worker is the primary interface for patients to access services such as peer/family counseling and support, screening, assessment, brief treatment, consultative services, education and engagement, linkages, outreach and advocacy. Responsible for the delivery of patient centered mental health, substance abuse, and health behavior care to assigned JHM patients in designated primary care or acute care sites working under the oversight of a psychiatrist, and in the context of a team. Additionally, this position will work with physicians, mid-levels, primary care providers, or inpatient medical teams to promote qualitative and efficient use of health care services through changing the patient's behavior and modifying the care delivery system
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responds to all requests for new patient evaluations in a timely manner
• Evaluates all new patients using established clinical evaluations developed.
• Establishes initial and on-going therapeutic relationship with OBHI/JMAP/Regional Partnership patients.
• Communicates results of assessment to staff involved in patients' care.
• Participates in development of an initial plan of care to address prioritized needs of patient.
• Provides ongoing services as prescribed on plan of care.
• Makes referrals for additional services as needed.
• Assists patients in securing resources.
• Engages with community resources to ensure patient is receiving necessary services.
• Provides mental health, substance abuse, and health behavior services using established HBS protocols.
• Coordinates care with other OBHI/JMAP/Regional Partnership team members.
• Re-evaluates plan of care with patient and other OBHI/JMAP/Regional Partnership treatment providers.
• Provides outreach to patients if he/she disengages from treatment.
• Provides crisis intervention as needed.
• Performs other clinical duties as assigned.
1. Completes initial evaluations using established procedures according to Health Behavioral Specialist policy time lines.
2. Completes plan of care using established procedures according to Health Behavioral Specialist policy time lines.
3. Delivers ongoing care as defined in the plan of care using established procedures according to Health Behavioral Specialist policy time lines.
4. Writes progress notes according to established procedures according to Health Behavioral Specialist policy time lines.
5. Updates plan of care using established procedures according to Health Behavioral Specialist policy time lines.
6. Submits reports, data, and statistics as required.
7. Assists OBHI/JMAP/Regional Partnership project in meeting expected performance goals.
The values of Johns Hopkins Medicine and University are:
Excellence & Discovery
Be the best. Commit to exceptional quality by encouraging curiosity, seeking information, and creating innovative solutions.
Leadership & Integrity
Be a role model. Inspire others to achieve their best and have the courage to do the right thing.
Diversity & Inclusion
Be open. Embrace and value different backgrounds, opinions, and experiences.
Respect & Collegiality
Be kind. Listen to understand and embrace others' unique skills and knowledge.
It is the expectation that every member of the Johns Hopkins community embodies and demonstrates these values in their daily activities.
Equipment, Machine, or Tool Requirements:
Computers, general office and communication equipment.
Regularly utilizes EPIC and other information systems to perform daily duties and document care.
Education: Master's degree from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education or an equivalent organization approved by the Council on Social Work Education.
LCPC as well
Experience: 4 or more years' experience, preferably working and delivering ongoing care to identified population in primary care or acute hospital setting.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Current Social Work Licensure in State of Maryland- LCSW-C, required and must maintain license throughout duration of employment. Valid Maryland driver's license with less than 2 points.
Special Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities / Competencies:
Knowledge of mental illness, substance abuse, health behaviors, and community resources.
Candidate needs to be competent in multiple treatment modalities including: Motivational interviewing, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Behavioral activation and must either have skills or willingness to learn office based substance use disorder interventions and Health Behavior interventions.
Identifies and acts upon impending changes in member condition
Develops, recommends and initiates corrective action through participation in team rounds and contributions to the member care plan
High level of interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with a multidisciplinary treatment staff.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must be self-motivated and able to work independently also must be able to work well in a team working environment.
Must be open to ongoing supervision in specific therapeutic modalities. Must be organized and detail oriented.
Able to enter data into electronic information systems.
Primary care site, hospital or community based medical environment- fast paced requiring flexibility and adaptability.
Work is generally sedentary in nature; however, some standing, stooping, and bending are required.
Work requires concentration and constant attention to accuracy and detail for extended periods of time.
Work requires cross-training and coverage of colleagues across different primary care sites Work requires daily use of a computer.
Work requires regularly handling multiple member cases involving a variety of providers, situations, deadlines and multiple priorities.
Work requires site visits (provider offices, inpatient facilities, patient homes, etc.) Work requires attendance at company office and off-site meetings.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency