First Baptist Academy is seeking a school Librarian/Media Specialist who plans, directs, implements, promotes, and evaluates the library program. The Librarian empowers students to be enthusiastic readers, critical thinkers, researchers, and ethical users of gathered information.
The Librarian will provide students and faculty members with resources to supplement their curriculum, whether they be in-house resources or those found through the use of technology. These resources should be housed in a library, which should be easily accessible and aesthetically inviting to all, and reinforce the growth of 21st Century skills in our students.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining the Library in establishing processes and procedures for selection, acquisition, circulation and resource sharing to ensure appropriate resources are available.
- Create a learning and teaching environment in the Library conducive to student centered learning.
- Encouraging the use of instructional technology to engage students and to improve learning, providing 24/7 access to digital information resources for the entire learning community.
- Current in professional practices and developments, information technologies, and educational research applicable to school library programs.
- Collaborating with faculty and students to design, teach engaging inquiry and learning experiences and assessments incorporating literacy and foster critical thinking,
- Participating in implementation of collaboratively planned learning experiences by providing group and individual instruction, assessing student progress and evaluating activities.
- Promote a love of literacy and reading and the promotion of lifelong learning.
- Providing leadership and expertise in the selection, acquisition, evaluation and organization of information resources and technologies in all formats as well as expertise in the ethical use of information.
- Works collaboratively in a rigorous environment to define the policies of the school library program while guiding and directing all activities related to it.
- Actively involved in pursuing professional development.