Managed Services Administrator
This Administrator position is responsible for helping administer our Network Operations Center (NOC) services to our monitored clients.
Managed Services Administrator main duties are as follows:
• Monitoring: Configuring, updating and assigning monitoring sets, reviewing monitoring alerts, working with our clients, Service Desk staff and Technical staff to respond to alerts from pro-active monitoring.
• Deployment: Deploying and configuring agent software on servers, desktops and laptops for clients, removing agent software from computers being retired, managing machine groups and user accounts.
• Patch Management: Watch for availability of newly released patches/updates, installation of all third party patches and updates to client environment, working with our clients, Service Desk staff and Technical staff to troubleshoot and solve issues with patch installations.
• Asset Management: Scheduling auditing of hardware and software.
• Antivirus/Antispyware: Deploying and configuring antivirus software to servers, desktops and laptops, monitoring antivirus status, working with our clients, Service Desk staff and Technical staff to troubleshoot virus related issues and to perform virus/spyware/malware remediation work.
• Backup: Working with our clients, Service Desk staff and Technical staff to monitor daily backups and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
• Reports: Creating reports - for routine use and for automated monthly reports, creating reports - for one-time, ad-hoc situations, scheduling and configuring periodic reports for delivery to clients, review monthly automated reports for accuracy and confirm delivery.
• You will be working with our in house monitoring software and will need to learn and be proficient with it. You will be required to carry a pager after 3 months on the job. Pager rotation is 1 week per month.
Previous training and hands-on experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 and Windows XP/Vista/7/8 operating systems is required.
Previous training and hands-on experience with the following is required: Network Administration, Group Policies, Microsoft Exchange Server, Tape Backup Software, Cloud Based, Disk to Disk and Hardware Based Backups, Network-Based Antivirus Solutions, Anti-Spam Software, Symantec Backup Exec, Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR), Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Firewall Appliances and Remote Access (VPNs, OWA, Smartphones).
Specific experience with the following is desired: Microsoft Small Business Server 2003, 2008 and 2011, Terminal Services, Wireless Access Points, Watchguard and SonicWALL Firewall appliances,, User Account Administration, Computer Account Administration, Security and Permissions, Barracuda, Unitrends, GFI and Cisco appliances.
The ideal candidate will have the above technical skills and experience, a professional manner, excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong multi-tasking and time management skills, and several years of hands-on experience with the support of a variety of Microsoft-based networks for small and mid-size businesses.