As a social justice organization, YWCA Evanston/North Shore seeks to raise awareness of the issues of racial and gender equity and to affect real change in our communities. Focused on racial justice, domestic violence, women’s economic advancement, and youth health and safety, YWCA Evanston/North Shore serves the northeast metropolitan Chicago area with a variety of programs and services that improve the lives of women, families, and communities. Learn more at: www.ywca.org/evanston.
YWCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
The Customer Service Associate ensures a friendly and welcoming environment for all customers, clients, and staff and delivers efficient and accurate front-desk and lobby services and support. As the first point of contact for the public, this position sets a professional and helpful tone with all individuals and accurately communicates information to the public.
Front Desk Operations (50%):
- Greets each visitor with a smile and adhere to visitor check in process.
- Assists visitors with disabilities or limited mobility with accessing lobby and pool area.
- Answers all incoming calls and directs to appropriate staff, retrieves and relays voicemail messages on a daily basis.
- Gives correct information in person and on the phone in response to inquiries about YWCA programs and services.
- Ensures front desk is maintained as a service-oriented, professional space by redirecting private staff communication or gossip to the proper channels or locations.
- Monitors and takes the necessary actions to ensure the lobby is a safe, clean, and orderly environment and reports all needed repairs and custodial issues in a timely manner.
- Performs all required opening and closing procedures and be knowledgeable of building security and emergency protocol in order to maintain the security and welfare of clients, customers, and staff.
- As directed, conducts daily walk through using multi-point inspection list to ensure proper maintenance of locker rooms and lobby.
- Ensures Copier room, fax area, and reception desk are maintained in neat and orderly condition, and well supplied with the materials needed for efficient operation.
- Reports equipment and software issues to supervisor immediately.
- Dates stamps and distributes incoming mail. Inspects all incoming mail for checks. Processes all receipts received in the mail according to instructions. Records receipt of packages and notify staff regarding packages. Distributes faxes to staff mailboxes.
Processes Registrations, Donations, and Point of Sale (45%):
- Assists customers in registering for agency programs, collects and handles registration fees and donations through the point of sale system, and account for financial transactions. Processes donations according to established procedures.
- Prepares daily reports for accounting. Balances cash drawer at the end of every shift.
- Directs all incoming monetary or in-kind donations calls to the appropriate staff person, receives approved in-kind donations according to procedures and screens unapproved in-kind donations in accordance with protocol and courteously turn away items not on the accepted list of items.
Other Responsibilities (5%):
- Assists with limited Spanish translations as requested to ensure timely and accurate sharing of information with Spanish speaking visitors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understands and adheres to all of the YWCA Evanston/North Shore procedures and policies as well as the YWCA Employee Handbook.