| Avera Medical Group is seeking an Abdominal Transplant Surgeon for our specialty care network. The practice environment is supported by a broad range of specialists, offering you a rewarding career with a great quality of life in the Upper Midwest. Market Competitive compensation, a generous benefit package and loan assistance available. |
• Join a practice with two Transplant Surgeons, supported by a advanced practice provider team, and integrated with established Nephrology & Hepatology practices, serving a 5-state region, with established outreach in the Black Hills, ND, and many regional sites in SD, supplemented by an extensive telemedicine network.
• Completion of ASTS-approved transplant fellowship required.
• Successful abdominal transplant fellowship, or experience in an established abdominal transplant program preferred.
• Provides surgical care in conjunction with the program established under direction of Transplant Surgical Director.
• Performs multi-organ abdominal transplant: Kidney; Kidney Living Donor, Pancreas; Liver. Performs Transplant inpatient/critical care management. Donor procurement of abdominal organs. Performs dialysis access surgery.
Avera Transplant Institute http://www.avera.org/services/transplant/
• Largest and established transplant center in South Dakota
• Strong multidisciplinary hepatobiliary programming, including transplant-specialized IR, Pathology, Anesthesiology, PharmD, and complementary GI and Oncology colleagues. Offering radiofrequency ablation, TIPS, ERCP, Fibroscan, ROTEM, Prisma.
• Dakota’s only pancreas, liver, & bone marrow transplant programs
• In 2007 Avera’s Liver Disease Center opened, now comprised of four hepatologists all with transplant hepatology fellowships, & two also GI-boarded.
• Only HLA lab in South Dakota
• Opportunity to teach medical students, family medicine residents and internal medicine residents
• Potential for clinic research and clinical faculty appointment with the South Dakota School of Medicine
• Regional partnership of health professionals who share support services to maintain excellent care
• 300 locations in 100 communities in the 5-state region of South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa and Nebraska
• Includes hospitals, primary care clinics, specialty care clinics, long term care facilities, retirement communities, home medical equipment outlets and research centers
• Over 16,000 employees
• Avera Health has over 2.1 million clinic and hospital visits per year
• Facilities known for medical excellence, technological innovation, and a commitment to meeting the spiritual, emotional, and physical needs of all patients.
Avera Medical Group
• Integrated physicians’ network of Avera Health
• More than 850 professionals providing focused patient care
• Avera eCARE leverages interactive video and computer technology to extend specialty services through eICU, eEmergency, eConsult, ePharmacy, ePrescribing, eLTC and eStroke
Avera McKennan Hospital – Sioux Falls, SD
• 545 – bed facility
• Non-profit, Catholic facility and the regional referral center for the Avera Health System and surrounding five-state area
• Sioux Falls Population: 200,000
Contact: Christa Henderson , Physician Recruitment Christa.Henderson@avera.org 605-322-7870