- Be a US Citizen.
- The ability to travel for training-less than 10%
- Requires a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) is desirable but not required
- Possess a current unrestricted licensee to practice as a registered nurse in the state where the facility is located
- Demonstrates the ability to perform with minimal supervision
- Have a minimum of one year experience working in risk management, patient safety, or quality improvement programs to include experience in the clinical setting, hospital or direct care environment within the last three years
- Familiar with the MS office suite and ability to create reports, spreadsheets, and presentations using these tools
- Standard Nurse physical requirements required
- Be fluent (read, write, speak) in the English language
- Requires demonstrated excellence in interpersonal and written communication skills.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Military background with knowledge of military policies and procedures.
- Active Security clearance
- TeamSTEPPS certification is preferred.
- Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS) is preferred
- Possesses experience with process improvement concepts and tools,group facilitation, data management, and analysis including graphic development and presentations is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of regulatory/accreditation requirements is desirable.
The Patient Safety Specialist works with teams to ensure the highest possible level of safety, quality, performance, and innovation are achieved.
The Military Health System (MHS), the medical departments of each military service and individual Military Treatment Facilities (MTFs) are committed to providing safe, high quality health care services to the beneficiaries served. To accomplish this mission Navy Medicine must foster a culture of safety that; (1) encourages an evidence-based systems approach to create a safer patient environment; (2) engages MHS leaders on the importance of patient safety and the establishment of a supportive organizational culture; and (3) fosters trust, transparency, teamwork and communication. The Navy PSP, in addition to complying with the DoD requirements, also meets all The Joint Commission (TJC) requirements including the adoption and implementation of The National Patient Safety Goals (NPSGs) and TJC Patient Safety Chapter.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Relocation Assistance is not offered for this position.
We have openings for this position in these locations; San Diego, Quantico, Camp Lejune and Annapolis.