| A Nutrition Case Manager is needed as a dietary interventionist for the MIND Trial, a Phase III randomized controlled study. The MIND trial is designed to test the effects of a 3-year dietary counseling intervention of the MIND diet and control diet on cognitive decline among 300 community-dwelling older persons without cognitive impairment. The MIND trial has two clinical sites, Rush University (Chicago) and Harvard T.H.Chan School of Public Health (Boston). As a key member of the trial team, the Case Manager will report to the Project Managers and the Principal Investigator, and collaborate with the team at Rush University, data managers, and clinical research specialists. The Nutrition Case Manager will be responsible for recruiting participants, implementing the 2 diet intervention programs designed for weight loss, and coordinating the intervention of the participants according to the research protocol.|
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the Principal Investigators and other support staff in the implementation, both internally and externally, of the MIND Trial intervention.
- Work with Investigators and Research Managers to provide support for the participant recruitment process.
- Assist with participant recruitment by screening potential participants, on phone calls, with pre-determined script.
- Coordinate/schedule clinic visits; perform clinic measurements and cognitive testing during participant visits.
- Implement the 2 diets designed for weight loss.
- Monitor study compliance through in-person meetings, phone calls, and emails to support and improve adherence and retention.
- Conduct annual group classes to provide nutrition education and encourage study compliance.
- Communicate effectively with support staff in all areas of research.
- Maintain study files for participants, including consent forms, labs, and data forms according to established protocol.
- Work with the Data Coordinating Center in data collection, maintenance, and record-keeping for the study database.
- Responsible for data validation and quality control.
- Assist with orienting new staff, in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- May be required to transport related research equipment; local travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
PLEASE NOTE: This position requires professional attire.
PLEASE NOTE: This position has a term end date of 2 years from date of hire.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join Harvard Chan School to support our mission of health research & education and be a part of the oldest institution of higher learning in the country!
Salary Grade: 053
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers