Are you interested in working in a flexible working environment where you can build your research skills? The Research Data Assistance Center (ResDAC) is housed within the vibrant research community in the School of Public Health’s Division of Health Policy and Management and serves as a help desk for researchers interested in using Medicare or Medicaid administrative data for a broad range of research aims. Apply now to join our team as a Technical Advisor!
As a Technical Advisor you’ll join our team of epidemiologists, public health specialists, health services researchers, biostatisticians, and health informatics specialists who have primary responsibility for providing advice to researchers from around the nation. ResDAC is the initial point of contact for any researcher in the public, private and government sectors who are seeking information about accessing and using the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) administrative data to study a range of topics such as health outcomes, policy, and economics. Based on your review of researchers’ study proposals, you will recommend the most appropriate CMS data files. As a new Technical Advisor, you’ll be part of a comprehensive training program on the use of the CMS data.
This position requires the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and the ability to work within a diverse environment. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with curiosity about research, technical aptitude and a strong desire to learn new skills.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide individual technical consultation and assistance through phone, email, or online to researchers nationwide interested in Medicare and Medicaid data for research;
- Research complex questions using CMS data to help researchers understand the data;
- Conduct an independent and detailed technical review of researchers’ proposals for Medicare and Medicaid data and provide feedback to researchers;
- Act as a researcher liaison and advocate with CMS and other CMS contractors to resolve data related questions;
- Create educational materials to assist external researchers and/or ResDAC staff, which may include analyzing data, writing technical documents, developing, and delivering online webinars;
- Develop and facilitate online and in-person training sessions for internal ResDAC staff and faculty, as well as external researchers.
Starting Salary Range
$58,000-$64,000, Depending on experience.
Why work for us?
- Outstanding, comprehensive benefits package, including 22 days of vacation per year, medical and dental plans, life insurance, disability coverage, retirement savings plans, flexible spending accounts, tuition benefits, and an award-winning Wellness Program—to name a few.
- Flexible work environment
- Interact with researchers nationwide
- Exposure to University of Minnesota research
- Opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- Opportunities for professional development