Business and Data Management Analyst
The George Mason University Office of Admissions seeks a dynamic, motivated and innovative Business and Data Management Analyst. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Business and Data Management Analyst is a part of a collaborative technical team that works to maintain and administer our customer relationship management (CRM) system and manage recruitment data for the Office of Admissions. The incumbent will:
- Serve as technical lead for the maintenance and administration of our CRM and the data integrity;
- Coordinate the CRM usage, imports, exports, and any necessary bulk updates needed to maintain the quality of data;
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with department and campus users on the maintenance of filters/queries and the e-mail templates/campaigns;
- Provide user support and training as well as provide documentation for Office of Admissions software tools;
- Serve as the main point of contact within the department for marketing efforts utilizing Admissions data; and
- Review and analyze data on the outcomes of system integrations with Student Information System (SIS) and different marketing efforts.
- Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Familiarity with CRM systems or large-scale databases;
- Self-starter with the ability to manage and work on multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated strong experience with data analysis and Microsoft Office (Access and Excel);
- Familiarity with enterprise databases (Oracle, SQL Server) managing data interactions through application UI or system integrations;
- Experience using enterprise reporting tools (preferred MicroStrategy);
- Excellent attention to detail and superb organization skills;
- First-rate interpersonal and communication abilities, both written and oral;
- Experience managing data or working with a CRM, SIS (Student Information System) or other enterprise database system;
- Experience creating processes or operation workflows around recruitment or similar operations management;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with moderate supervision; and
- Available for occasional evening and weekend work.
Salary: $48,000-$52,000; commensurate with education and experience.
Criminal Background Check: Standard Background Check
Mason Ad Statement:
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02641z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.