A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Provide clinical research support in accordance with the institutional and health center guidelines for adult and pediatric research for the Michigan Clinical Research Unit (MCRU). This candidate will facilitate the coordination of services for MCRU’s mobile portfolio including MCRU 2 U, and community-based research. In addition, this position will provide direct clinical research support at the Cardiovascular Center (CVC), and Domino’s Farm MCRU locations.
The selected applicant will assist in the administration and completion of simple protocol specific procedures involving direct participant care for MCRU’s mobile services, and clinic support. This may include, but not limited to, venipuncture, IV placement, specimen collection, processing and shipping, vital sign and EKG measurements. In addition, the candidate will demonstrate knowledge of documenting, and utilizing information from the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) to maintain integrity of research data.
The applicant will adhere to regulatory compliance, and demonstrate knowledge of a diverse protocol portfolio associated with MCRU’s research support services. This will include understanding protocol structure, and interpretation of the study to comply with the study parameters.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in clinical research preferred.
- Clinical background.
- Demonstrated phlebotomy skills, minimum two-year experience using skill in a prior position.
- Central Line accessing and blood collection.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to work independently or in a fast-paced clinic and/or community setting with a team environment.
- Ability to solve problems and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated computer skills and knowledge related to tests and procedures.
- Attends or participates in professional development and collaborative efforts required for this position.
- Knowledge of Michigan Medicine’s policies and Procedures.
- Clinical research experience.
- Previous Clinical Research Subjects Coordinator.
- Community based-clinical care support.
Day/Eve every other weekend
Although this position is primarily located at CVC, and Domino’s Farm MCRU, location of services may vary based on the requests of the community-based research study teams. The selected applicant will be required to use a personal vehicle to commute to locations within the community. Mileage reimbursement rates will apply.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.