BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY:
This customer service position will provide multi-media support to the Taubman Surgery ACU physicians, and staff. Primarily receiving and responding to telecommunications and MiChart notifications requesting more information or medical records on scheduled patients.
This position will assess the Medical record needs of the specific service areas utilizing the highest standards of customer service delivery, work collaboratively with all members of the Taubman Surgery ACU; physicians, registered nurses, OR schedulers, LPN’s, medical assistants and clerical staff in the delivery of care to patients and families.
Major areas of responsibility: Ensuring that the physicians and services have all outside records needed prior to seeing a new patient. Sweeping all medical records, from the fax servers, into MiChart. Setting and following the standard for media tab labeling in MiChart to ensure all areas can easily locate records. Primary owner of the Medial Records pool for the ACU. Commitment to continuous quality improvement initiatives which may include attending monthly clinic, front desk or call center meetings.
This position will also be fully trained as a call center agent to back up the call center when needed. This will include using Aspect, scheduling all patient appointment types for the ACU, working work queues and using templates to route nursing messages.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide information, service and support to referring physicians, consumers, UMHS staff and faculty, and other healthcare professionals via multimedia communication channels.
- Coordinate medical records for patients, physicians and staff.
- Communicate/collaborate with internal and external customers to ensure an integrated approach to service.
- Maintain appropriate knowledge/content resources by timely entry of new or updated information.
- Utilize superior telephone technique, customer service etiquette, customer recovery and e-mail/web communication skills to meet the individual needs of UMHS customers.
- Provide back-up and cross coverage to call center and front desk when needed.
General supervision will be received from the Taubman Surgery ACU manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated call quality and customer service delivery excellence.
- Fully knowledgeable about UMHS organization, physicians and services.
- Basic understanding of managed care and indemnity payer referral and authorization requirements.
- Intermediate competency with desktop software including accurate typing speed of 50 wpm.
- Demonstrated competency with call center’s call processing, scheduling, and information retrieval systems and applications, including MiChart scheduling and working with in baskets and pools.
- Familiar with Outlook e-mail systems and fax servers including creating personal folders, utilizing templates, accessing proxy lists, e-mail communication protocol and grammatically correct writing.
- Basic medical terminology is necessary.
- Demonstrated friendly, warm, articulate telephone manner with a clear, well-modulated speaking voice.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are necessary.
- Ability to manage stress effectively.
- Demonstrated competency to cross cover in two or more service areas.
At least 12 months UMHS customer contact center experience is desired.
Shift/Days: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am -4:30 pm
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.