| UW Medicine's mission is to improve the health of the public by advancing medical knowledge, providing outstanding primary and specialty care to the people of the region, and preparing tomorrow's physicians, scientists and other health professionals. UW Medicine owns or operates Harborview Medical Center, Northwest Hospital & Medical Center, Valley Medical Center, UW Medical Center, a network of UW Medicine Neighborhood Clinics that provide primary care, UW Physicians, UW School of Medicine, Airlift Northwest, and other owned, operated or affiliated entities as appropriate. In addition, UW Medicine shares in the ownership and governance of Children's University Medical Group and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance a partnership among UW Medicine, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research, and Seattle Children's. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty. |
UW Medicine Records Management Services has an outstanding opportunity for a Records Center Analyst 2, open to UW Employees Only. Under the general supervision of the Records Center Manager, UW Medicine, the Records Center Analyst is responsible for the routine operations of the UW Medicine Records Center, space maximization, and fulfillment (box/file pick ups and deliveries). The Analyst is also responsible for analysis of records received by the Records Center in order to ensure chain of custody and accuracy; development and implementation of records and health information management policies and procedures; conducting Records Center audits and troubleshooting; and assists in the process of compliant disposition of records in accordance with State approved records retention schedules.
The Records Analyst 2 also:
- Ensures the accurate and timely analysis, description and location of all records delivered to and retrieved from the Records Center. Ensures accurate data entry into the Records Management database (Versatile) related to UW Medicine enterprise business and research records.
- Leads project work for Records Center staff and temporary employees. Implements work priorities and timelines, and ensures project deadlines and pick-up and delivery schedules are met. Utilizes office management tools and resources (such as LEAN) to ensure Records Center operational efficiencies. Assures accurate delivery and retrieval of Records Center boxes and files. Schedules pick-ups and deliveries of UW Medicine records, including medical records when needed. Ensures questions from clients regarding location and status of records are answered. Trains staff and clients regarding Records Center operations and Versatile database reporting and data entry. Develops and updates operational manuals, policies and procedures.
- Analyzes records against records transfer documentation to assure accuracy of box descriptions for accessioning. Ensures chain of custody documentation. Ensures planning for and assigning appropriate locations for records on Records Center shelving and other places in the Records Center. Maintains and updates Records Center room maps (including use of pertinent software tools and Versatile). Assures appropriate environmental controls and temperatures for the preservation of the records.
- Conducts Records Center audits. Assures efficient and accurate space utilization and organization of the Records Center. Assures security and integrity of records, and documents access to the Records Center. Manages building access database, and authorizes access to the Records Center.
- Assists with the appropriate disposal of records in accordance with State approved records retention schedules, and documents all dispositions.
- Represents and promotes the Records Center to UW and UW Medicine departments, such as Real Estate, Materials Management, Public Safety, Environmental Services, outside vendors, and the Sand Point Leasing Agent. Ensures coordination of UW Medicine Records Management Services goals with same.
- Acts as back up to the medical records file room activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position provides opportunities to work in a fast-paced, challenging, diverse and rewarding environment. As an employee you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here.