The Student Accounts Representative is responsible for resolving problems with students and parents regarding student accounts, collecting past due student account balances, counseling families on the Universityâ??s installment payment plans, manual set up of IPP accounts on a case by case basis, collecting outside scholarships and processing student account refunds. This position provides high-level customer service to all students, parents, and staff. Responsibilities include
responding to student and parent inquiries and problems and counseling them regarding their account charges; greeting visitors and responding to inquiries received in person, via telephone, mail and email; collection of all assigned student accounts for payment of balances owed; process student account refunds in accordance with Federal and University requirements.
- Required: High school diploma; Associate's degree in business preferred
- 3-5 yearsâ?? experience in an office environment, preferably in higher education
- Excellent interpersonal and strong oral and written communication skills are required to effectively communicate with a wide variety of parents, students, and other university community members
- Ability to work with numbers and to perform basic accounting-related tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and the internet required; Working knowledge of Banner, TouchNet and Workday preferred
- The ability to work and act independently and work harmoniously as a team member
- Ability to shift focus and priority in a fast paced environment. Must be able to work with a diverse population
Recruiting Start Date:2017-02-03-08:00
Job Posting Title:Student Account Representative
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.