The Program Manager serves as a member of the residential life team to support and direct student learning and development outside of the classroom and in the residential buildings through engagement of university faculty and staff. The Program Manager for Summer and Special Programs is responsible for planning, executing, and overseeing over 800 co-curricular and extra-curricular programs for the Summer@Brown Program, including trips of 200 pre-college students to local destinations. The Program Manager will be responsible for managing the staff recruitment processes (200 Graduate and Undergraduate staff members), conduct concerns and residential experience of pre-college students during the Summer@Brown program. Evening and weekend work is required during the summer program period of June 1-August 15 and at certain points throughout the academic year.
- Required: Bachelorâ??s degree and 2-3 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in an academic setting strongly preferred.
- Event planning or program development experience required.
- Experience supervising staff and/or students required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.Strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexible to change and interruptions, manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Understanding of Brownâ??s curricular philosophy preferred.Brown experience, either as an employee or a student, a plus.
- Strong ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, and to work collaboratively with students and colleagues
- Sound judgment and integrity.
- Energy, enthusiasm, and a sense of humor.
- Flexibility to respond to sudden shifts in demands and urgent reporting needs, and to evolve with a dynamic student affairs environment.
- Working knowledge of principles, practices and theories of student learning and development; understanding of the cultural, social and educational needs of student residential communities.
- Evidence of cultural competence and inclusiveness; sensitivity to and understanding of diverse perspectives that students and staff bring to their work, including those of academic, socioeconomic, culture, race and ethnicity, ability, gender, sexuality, and intersectional identities.
The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete a criminal background and education check satisfactory to Brown University prior to commencing employment.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-02-08-08:00
Job Posting Title:Program Manager for Summer and Special Programs
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.