The Cashier Office Manager coordinates, plans, and directs the daily and ongoing activities of the Cashiers Office, ensuring the accurate and timely recording of all University deposits originating from many and varied internal and external sources. The position oversees the deposits of all departments depositing independently and through the Cashiers Office. He/she will supervise 3 department staff members. The position implements functions pertaining to all areas of cashiering according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and University policies, procedures and practices, and in accordance with standard banking procedures and practices, and the Manager must be educated and informed in all areas. The individual in this position oversees processing and collection of the Universityâ??s miscellaneous accounts receivable and provides assistance for varied customer constituency, including students, parents, other departments, and external organizations. The Cashier Office Manager has a comprehensive understanding of the University Chart of Accounts in order to provide guidance to departments and train staff accordingly.
- Required: Bachelorâ??s Degree in accounting, finance or related business concentration required
- Minimum of two years of prior supervisory or management experience in a complex cashiering environment.
- 3-5 years of previous cashiering in a complex environment, or experience with cashiering software and/or bank teller experience.
- Experience in higher education a plus.
- Requires professional knowledge of the theory, principles and procedures of accounting, auditing and financial management.
- Ability to prepare and analyze reports.
- Must be detail oriented and possess exceptional analytical, organizational, administrative, time management skills and the ability to work independently as well as be a productive member of a team.
- Possess initiative and judgement to independently problem solve and prioritize.
- Ability to independently develop and implement short and long term goals.
- Must be approachable, cooperative, dependable, and committed to working within a team environment demonstrating solid institutional values.
- Computer expertise with MS Office required; experience in use of CashNet, TouchNet, Workday and Banner preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and be able to effectively interact with individuals from various backgrounds
- Knowledge of cash handling and security regulations and procedures.
- Knowledge of NACHA and PCI Compliance regulations preferred
Criminal Background Check satisfactory to Brown University
Recruiting Start Date:2017-02-06-08:00
Job Posting Title:Cashier Office Manager
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.