NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Business Manager.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership support and overall administrative direction for the academic clinical department which includes the management of non-physician staff. In conjunction with the leadership of the Medical School and Hospital, this position develops and implements strategic goals related to management of the department, program development and related issues. The candidate will develop and coordinate new programs and oversee their management.
- Forecasts, prepares, oversees and maintains operating and capital budgets for the Department.
- Monitors spending for Department: grants and contracts for the Faculty, Faculty and non-Faculty salaries, increase programs and Department payroll.
- Reviews monthly reports and works closely with Faculty and financial analyst to ensure financial compliance of grants and contracts.
- Prepares grant applications, budget and forms and reviews items for compliance with Federal and sponsor program files and guidelines.
- Prepares non-scientific portions of the NIH and non-governmental grants and fellowship applications.
- Discusses policies with Investigators and Faculty, provides spreadsheets with revised budgets, and summary reports to Chairman.
- Addresses sponsor issues, governmental, institutional and funding agency regulations, and follows up with Investigators.
- Supervision of Support Staff and Human Resources Oversight - Directly supervises and manages support staff on a day-to-day basis, interviews and hires, evaluates and documents staff performance.
- Handles, maintains, follows-up and processes all CPP's, Requisitions, time-off, and time sheets; works with HR, Payroll and Immigration Services.
- Manages all administrative functions, coordinates daily operation, facilitates the communication of any changes to policies and procedures.
- Responsible for office purchasing, liaisons and facilitates items with SOM IT, MS Financial Services, and Space Planning/Real Estate.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory agency requirements related to the academic, clinical and research needs of the department.
- Develops a communication plan for new policies and procedures that impact the department which includes methodologies to facilitate compliance and oversees the preparation of externally and internally mandated reports.
- Works on Departmental review, written narrative, updates charts, figures, accounts with balances, grants, past and present Faculty data.
- Responsible for faculty recruitment, processes RTRF's, offer letters, budgets, tracking, arrangements, maintains records, ensures compliance.
- Compiles and completes varied survey information for example: NSF, ASMP, LCME; NYUSOM Space Survey, etc.
- May negotiate minor contracts, participates in intuitional committees, e.g. Tenure, ADA, Dept Space, ACGME, Employee Retention/Satisfaction, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- To qualify you must have a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Health Administration or related field with a minimum of 3 years of progressive supervisory experience in an academic medical center or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous management/supervisory experience preferred
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.