NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Conflictof Interest Review Analyst.
In this role, the successful candidate Reporting to the Research Compliance and COI Manager of the Conflicts of Interest Management Unit (CIMU), the CIMU Analyst will be responsible for performing analytical and administrative functions to facilitate the review process for conflicts of interest matters. The qualified person will collect, analyze and categorize financial disclosure information for the further review and evaluation by the Business or Research Conflict of Interest Committees. This position will also be responsible for maintaining paper and electronic records of critical financial and business communications and transactions. The responsibilities also include proposing a determination after reviewing a potential conflict of interest. Moreover, the CIMU Analyst will maintain a monthly database of all conflicts of interest matters scheduled for review by the Business and Research Conflicts of Interest Committees, while performing administrative duties to ensure that all pertinent documents and information are available to the Committees to facilitate their evaluation of such matters. Among other responsibilities, the CIMU Analyst will serve as a liaison between the CIMU and the NYU Langone Medical Center Community, answering questions regarding COI determinations, policies and other conflicts of interest related questions. In addition, the CIMU Analyst will assist in various Research Compliance initiatives such as conducting focused reviews, inquiries, and investigations.
- Assists the Research Compliance and COI Manager with various research compliance activities such as conducting focused reviews, inquiries, and investigations.
- Managing CIMU mailbox; fielding inquiries regarding COI matters; and
- Obtaining additional education and training as needed to perform job functions;
- Providing guidance and assistance to the NYU Langone Medical Center Community by fielding policy questions and other conflicts of interest-related matters concerning COI determinations in a timely manner;
- Assisting with organizational training initiatives by:Scheduling training dates;Securing an appropriate venue; Tracking registration;Copying and collating handouts; and Providing onsite management when required
- Assisting with gathering financial data on business activity with NYULMC;
- Assisting with gathering company background information for Business and Research Conflicts of Interest Committees Meetings;
- Assisting with the CMS Open Payments review process and comparing Open Payments data with financial interest disclosures made to NYULMC;
- Monitoring compliance for existing conflicts of interest management plans;
- Providing administrative support for the Business and Research Conflicts of Interest Committees by:Preparing summaries, agendas and other materials for review by both Committees;Preparing Meeting Minutes when applicable;Scheduling Business and Research Conflicts of Interest Committees Meetings and ensuring a quorum for voting matters; and Securing a venue for Business and Research Conflicts of Interest Committees Meetings;
- Managing and archiving all paper and electronic files;
- Maintaining a monthly database of research protocols and business transactions for review and updating accordingly;
- Analyzing and categorizing conflict of interest matters for further review and evaluation;
- Creating and maintaining a tickler table for follow-up items pertaining to business and research-related conflicts of interest and sending necessary reminders;
- Follow-up on missing and/or incomplete documents and information;
- Reviewing all disclosure forms for accuracy and completeness;
- Creating paper and electronic files of research studies and business transactions for review of potential conflicts of interest;
- Drafting COI determinations concerning research studies for final management approval;
- Collecting Financial Interest Disclosure Forms from researchers and other key personnel involved in research studies;
- Maintaining a database of Annual Disclosure information;
- Distributing and collecting Annual Disclosure Forms from Trustees, Corporate Officers, Faculty and other designated NYU Langone Medical Center (NYULMC) employees;
To qualify you must have a A Bachelors Degree in business or healthcare, or a Bachelors Degree in a related field in addition to applicable work experience. Demonstrated experience working in a confidential, time-sensitive, professional environment. Strong analytical and investigative skills required to elicit information and clarify information professionally and diplomatically. Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive matters and exercise discretion. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet competing deadlines. Ability to learn new tasks and effectively execute them; Willingness and flexibility to take on new assignments, while appropriately re-prioritizing tasks. Aptitude to work independently and exercise personal judgment when appropriate. Excellent written/oral communication and proofreading skills. Basic knowledge of research projects and functions, and PHS regulations and guidelines. Basic knowledge of conflict of interest matters. Computer knowledge and skills necessary to accomplish tasks associated with position.
A minimum of two years experience in healthcare/research compliance
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.