NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Assistant Research Technician.
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for collaborating with Principal Investigators (PI) and working independently within the scientific framework of the PIs laboratoryExperience Mouse Technician to work on Studies, include setting up breeding, genotyping, and administration of drugs by gastric lavage and IP injection.
- Performs technical lab functions as assignedProvides technical help working with mice.
- May be responsible research/lab quality control and compliance.Studies include setting up breeding, genotyping, and administration of drugs by gastric lavage and IP injection.
- coordinates the daily activity and experimental studies for Mice breeding and genotyping. . Identifies and resolves technical problems.
- May provide recommendations for equipment purchases and for the redesign of lab space.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of research studiess.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the advances in specialized fields through attendance of scientific conferences.
- May determine and establish laboratory policies, procedures and practices.
- Develops research techniques and methodologies.
- May develop protocol for the collection and quality of research data.
- May be responsible research/lab quality control and compliance.
- May seek grant funding from external sources in support of their independent research projects with consent of the PI and the Department Chair. May participate in writing grant proposals.
- May provide students with technical guidance and direction in the operation of various sample preparation techniques, extraction lines, and equipment as well as general laboratory practices and safety protocols.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of research projects.
- May manage the operations of a lab for the Principal Investigator by supervising Post Docs and technicians. Oversees the maintenance and upkeep of all instruments and laboratory facilities.
- Develops new ideas that promote current research. Exercises a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing, and guiding extensive scientific research programs and activities of outstanding novelty and/or importance.
- Makes decisions and recommendations that have a major impact on extensive scientific research activities.
- Explores subject area and defines scope and selection of problems for investigation through conceptually related studies or series of projects of lesser scope.
- Formulates and conducts research on problems of considerable scope and complexity.
- Initiates, interprets, organizes, executes, and coordinates research assignments critical to departments mission.
To qualify you must have a Undergrad Science degree studies in a related discipline and 0-2 years experience;
l experience from having completed Mouse training.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.