Education: Earned doctorate in an academic discipline from an accredited institution.
Experience: Proven academic leader with experience in a senior academic position, to include:
- record of distinguished research/scholarship and teaching, which will support the award of tenure at the rank of full professor.
- demonstrated achievements in working in a collaborative environment.
- understanding of campus shared governance and accreditation issues.
- experience in enrollment management.broad range of knowledge of academic scholarship.
- demonstrated commitment to teaching that goes beyond the classroom and fosters lifelong learning.
- record demonstrating the promotion of public service to advance the regional and global community.
- understanding of academic and student services administration.substantial and successful executive and fiscal management experience.
- ability to manage a complex academic organization.demonstrated commitment to faculty and student diversity.
- oral, personal and written communication skills
- a high level of collaboration, a commitment to teamwork and exceptional listening and communication skills.success as a creative leader and in securing external support of academic programs.
The Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs will have significant knowledge and understanding of higher education. Specific skills include:
- innovation and resourcefulness.
- ability to lead and motivate faculty and staff within a collaborative governing structure.
- honest, direct communication style.
- demonstrated leadership skills and abilities.
- proven track record of quality and integrity.
- ability to think strategically and to develop and contribute to the upcoming campus strategic plan as it relates to areas of oversight.
- knowledge of and commitment to affirmative action and equal employment opportunity.
- ability and willingness to delegate effectively and to hold direct reports accountable.
- skilled decision-maker, with transparency in decision-making and management.ability to multi-task.
The Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs will exhibit qualities of emotional maturity, genuineness, self-confidence, common sense, judgment, fairness, creativity, discretion, decisiveness, political savvy, diplomacy, tact, resiliency, adaptability, courage of convictions and tolerance for ambiguity.
Demonstrated behavioral expectations include:
- unquestioned integrity and trustworthiness.
- fiscally minded.outcomes-driven.commitment to return on investment/value-added activities.
- commitment to the University's mission and strategic plan.
- ability to make good, consistent and fair decisions (based on fact and data).
- ability to work with cross-functional teams and to foster teamwork.