St. Anthony Hospital is located in the western Denver suburb of Lakewood and is a Level I Trauma Center with four dedicated trauma rooms including the T-10 room, a dedicated field-to-surgery suite ready 24/7 for trauma surgeons and specially trained teams who provide life-saving care to the most severely ill and injured patients. St. Anthony proudly provides a full range of medical specialties and health care services to Denver and the surrounding region with a state-of-the-art medical campus. If you’re looking to be part of a fast-paced environment where you can practice to the top of your profession in trauma, cardiology, stroke, neurosciences, breast imaging, cancer/oncology care, surgery and more, we encourage you to apply. In addition to a new campus, supportive team and faith-based mission, we’re proud to be the recipient of numerous awards, certifications and accreditations from the American Heart Association; Chest Pain Center (CPC); American College of Cardiology; The Joint Commission’s National Quality Approval; Healthgrades (for Stroke, Critical Care and Prostate Surgery Excellence); the Emergency Nurses Association Lantern Award; NAPBC Accreditation; American College of Radiology and many others. For more information about St. Anthony Hospital, visit http://www.stanthonyhosp.org/.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 97607
Recruiter Contact: KatelinHazelwood@Centura.Org
Clinic/Department: 8762 SAH PATIENT REGISTRATION
Hospital: ST ANTHONY MEDICAL CAMPUS
Schedule: Full Time
Supervises the daily activities of the clerical and /or tech staff of the department so that all processes are completed in a timely, efficient manner ensuring quality and customers are provided with a professional, caring level of service, oversees all department functions to ensure that a high quality of standards are met to service the needs of patients, physicians, regulatory agencies & outside entities and all hospital departments.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Associate degree preferred.
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- 5 years' experience in a hospital patient access area or business office.
- 2 years operations or leadership experience
- Knowledge of regulations as they relate to Admissions and Financial requirements.
- Exercises initiative, judgment, problem solving, decision making, and team development skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Familiarity with Medical Terminology
- Acts as liaison with physicians, patients, ancillary departments, nursing staff, finance and all other hospital departments, insurance companies, government regulatory agencies and outside entities when problem occurs, problem solves and corrects all day to day operational problems and reports such problems to management.
- Keeps abreast of external and internal events such as state law, finance and/or insurance requirements which may affect departmental processes.
- Acts as a liaison for all automated systems internally & externally for department, identifies & trouble shoots problems and needs as they arise.
- Assists in writing policies and procedures for the department ensuring all processes are proceduralized accurately, assists in training and orienting processes for employees, provides feedback to employees concerning work performance based on daily, weekly and monthly AQ monitoring.
- Acts as a liaison for all automated systems internally & externally for department, identifies & trouble shoots problems and needs as they arise, Participates in corporate, hospital and departmental committees pertinent to job or as assigned, facilitates as required, performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides input in hiring, terminating, orienting, training, monitoring and disciplinary process for employees including pay for performance, instituting formal discipline process per Human Resource guidelines, maintaining employees department personnel files.
- Completes payroll and employee work schedules for the department ensuring adequate coverage, assists in monitoring monthly budget and budget developments.
- Supervises all daily activities of the department or section ensuring physicians, patients, nursing units, ancillary departments, finance, insurance companies, etc. customers and outside agencies needs are met in a timely accurate manner.
- Establishes trusting relationships: offers and receives constructive feedback. Participates actively in team meetings and activities: honors team members and supports team decisions.
- Addresses differing opinions and conflict openly, honestly and professionally; listens to others' perspective and seeks win-win outcomes.
- Knows, understands, and adheres to the Mission in Motion standards set forth by Centura Health. Including rounding, thank you cards and celebration of achievements of team members.
- Participates in corporate, hospital and departmental committees pertinent to job or as assigned, facilitates as required, performs other duties as assigned.
- Sedentary Work - prolonged periods of sitting and exert/lift up to 10 lbs. force occasionally)
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.