The Gift Processor and Database Manager is an integral part of the SBCC Foundation’s mission to develop philanthropic support to assist the College in providing accessible educational programs that assure academic and vocational excellence for the students of Santa Barbara City College. Primary areas of responsibility include database management, gift processing, and special project support for all departments.
- Maintain database of donors, prospects, and other relevant populations regarding gifts and pledges, correspondence, bio, research, relationships, etc.
- Manage the donor database ensuring protocols for entering and maintaining information are followed.
- Perform timely gift entry and data processing in Raiser's Edge database.
- Run statistical, financial, and constituent reports responsive to the needs of staff and Board.
- Assist in preparing lists (mailing, prospect, etc.) as needed by staff, Board, and volunteers.
- Maintain documentation (User Manual) for data processing from entry to reports, including current lists of fields, codes, etc.
- Maintain non-donor constituent lists in the database, i.e., government officials, estate attorneys/professionals, media, etc.
- Serve as the liaison for donor database software provider (s), any external database support companies, and work closely with external IT consultant to ensure currency of database needs.
- Develop and implement processes to ensure appropriate, personalized, and timely gift acknowledgment to donor.
- Generate targeted acknowledgement letters, campaign-related pledge payment reminders, and other donor communications.
- In concert with Foundation staff, review and maintain policy guidelines for creating and maintaining database records on donors, prospects, and other constituents.
- Respond to requests for information regarding donor recognition opportunities or requests for gift history, direct mail, invitations, etc.
Support the organization in successfully achieving our fundraising goal by assisting with:
- segregating and compiling mailing lists.
- preparing and producing merged letters.
- preparing financial / donor reports as needed.