Why join SSOE Group? If you’re interested in a dynamic career with a healthy, growing firm, you’ve come to the right place. SSOE is a global leader in the AEC industry. Combine that with a culture recognized as one of the “Best AEC Firms to Work For” and you’ll discover why employees are proud to be on our team.
Stability. For more than 65 years we’ve continued to succeed in an industry of constant change. One testament to our culture—150 clients who have chosen to work with us for over 20 years. Though we’ve doubled in size over the past decade, we’ve taken a business-minded approach to our growth—focusing on diversity of geography, services, and markets served to ensure we weather any economic storm.
Unmatched opportunities for growth. We offer clearly defined paths to the top. Our focus on staff development prepares employees to take on the opportunities associated with worldwide growth and expanding project delivery models. We reward our team members who rise to the occasion by providing accelerated career advancement, access to global project experience, and an ownership structure that allows for a broader base of ownership than typically seen in our industry.
Culture of excellence. Our dynamic professionals will tell you every project they work on is different and exciting. Spend your day on the cutting edge of R&D, bringing well-known products to market, and helping clients expand globally. Our ISO certification includes processes that ensure a quality output, and more importantly clients who are happy—in fact 97% of those surveyed would recommend SSOE to a colleague. SSOE professionals were published in more than 50 industry publications last year—so you can be certain you’ll be working with the top talent in the industry.
Technology that works for you, not against you. SSOE has a full time group dedicated to innovation. This not only ensures access to the latest technologies, but also that mature technologies such as BIM are tailored for your needs, fully supported, optimized, and intelligently integrated into project delivery
This Structural Designer will be responsible for performing a variety of structural design assignments focusing on producing high quality engineering solutions to clients in the high tech industry.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of routine design assignments under the direction of an engineer with increasing responsibility based on performance.
- Receives close supervision on new aspects of assignment but has some freedom to exercise judgment in making engineering decisions.
- Drafts interpretation of own design into completed working drawings and applies design fundamentals to design.
- Projects may include Utility (conduit and piping) support and Mezzanine Design.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Structural or Civil Associates Degree or any related engineering technology.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- 3-8 years of experience.
- Experience with AutoCAD or REVIT.
- Prefer experience with seismic building codes.
- Self-motivation to clarify scope of work, anticipate issues, propose options and find cost-effective or schedule driven solutions. Problem-solving and flexibility in fast-paced environment. Ability to provide clear direction and expectations to designers and contractors. Practical field-experience with active involvement in construction areas preferred. High tolerance for ambiguity and change.