Under the direction of the Director of Corporate Development and Communications, the Development and Communications Specialist supports AgeOptions business and corporate development efforts in managing and growing events, designing and implementing communication activities, and assisting with the tracking of corporate and donor relationships. This position works in collaboration with the Public Relations Specialist to promote the overall mission of the Agency by fostering a positive public image to facilitate philanthropic support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage planning and promotion for corporate engagement and events
- Provide support and on-site coordination for AgeOptions annual Celebrating Aging event, with 60+ sponsors and more than 300 guests; assist with planning smaller engagement events as directed
- Act as a liaison between a variety of vendors and internal workforce; assist in the preparation of invitations, RSVPs, invoicing/billing, creating event planning meeting minutes and other general tasks
- Execute logistics of event solicitation and auctions, including tracking of donations and sponsorships, budget & gift processing, and acknowledgements
Support external and internal communications
- Create and manage promotional material and marketing materials, including, but not limited to solicitation packets, brochures/flyers, and other materials to advance AgeOptions brand and publicize fundraising efforts and special events
- Design and launch email marketing and social media campaigns
- Recommend, implement, and maintain Agency website design and operation (www.ageoptions.org) in collaboration with appropriate staff or consultants
- Collect stories and photos of client, program, and organizational successes for agency archives, communications efforts, and pitches to media outlets
- Measure and evaluate the success of AgeOptions’ communications efforts
- Assist in the development of the annual agency video
Manage donor communications and Customer Relations Management Database
- Enhance and grow philanthropic relations through acknowledgements and tracking of correspondence with donors and corporate sponsors and fee-for-service customers
- Provide oversight for the CRM data base ensuring accurate data entry and providing guidance on best practices for relationship tracking (currently Microsoft Dynamics CRM).
- Assist the Director of Development and Corporate Relations and Steering Directors by updating donor data as needed, executing queries, creating mailing lists, and running reports of fundraising activities and donations
- Assist staff in auditing and maintaining electronic and hard-copy donor files
This position does not supervise anyone.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of area agency functions, advocacy efforts and signature programs for brochures, press materials, annual report and other publications to ensure updates
- Attending meetings on behalf of the Director of Corporate Relations and Communications as needed
Partner with the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Operating Officer, Unit Directors, the Board of Directors and Advisory Council and any outside media and community partners as needed.