Are you an instructional designer with experience leading teams to develop timely, cost-effective, quality training programs?
As an instructional design project lead, you’ll be responsible for advanced instructional design and project management to guide programs and courses that build the skills of our WorkSafeBC team. You’ll contribute to our goals of promoting occupational health and safety and supporting people injured at work.
What you’ll do
As an instructional design project lead you will:
- Lead the development of training programs, ensuring that they meet specific learning needs and fulfill organizational goals and requirements
- Assess, plan, negotiate, organize, monitor, and evaluate all project related activities on training projects ? including authoring project management documents such as project charters, project plans, and status reports
- Oversee the daily work activities of your assigned team including monitoring progress, setting priorities, and providing work direction
- Provide quality assurance to your team to ensure compliance with instructional design best practices, quality standards, ethical and legal regulations and organizational policies, practices, and guidelines
- Liaise with internal customers to establish and maintain training services
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for someone who is:
- A senior instructional designer who is able to develop programs and provide quality oversight to the design team
- A project manager in a technical/business setting
- Client-focused and able to develop strong relationships with internal customers
Your experience and educational background:
- A degree in one of the following:
- adult education
- instructional systems design
- educational technology
- human performance technology
- leadership and training
- A minimum of six years of directly related experience in the development of job-specific adult education programs using advanced instructional design and learning technologies for training, instructional design project management, and performance support projects. This experience should consist of the following:
- at least four years instructional design
- at least one year instructional design project management
- at least one year in a team leadership or supervisory role
A combination of education and experience will be considered.
To see if your resume meets the requirements for this position, please review our resume screening guidelines.
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across B.C. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the almost 2.3 million workers and 210,000 employers in our province.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package may include vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life. Learn more about what we offer.
We’re an inclusive and accessible employer, committed to employment equity objectives, and we invite applications from all qualified individuals. Please note that this position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Visit www.worksafebc.com and select Careers to submit a resume and cover letter that details your characteristics, accomplishments, and prior work experience related to the requirements for the position. We can only accept applications submitted through our website.
Thank you, in advance, for applying. Unfortunately, we’re only able to contact those whose applications we will be pursuing further.