Arizona Public Service (APS) is leading the way toward an energy future that is cleaner, more reliable and sustainable. With $3.3 billion in annual revenue and nearly 7,000 employees, APS is the largest electric utility in Arizona, serving 1.1 million customers. We are the principal subsidiary of publicly traded Pinnacle West Capital Corporation (NYSE:PNW). Our generation fleet includes natural gas, nuclear, coal and growing renewable technologies.
APS currently has opportunities for the
2017 Pre-Apprentice Lineman, Electrician, and Polyphase Meterman Programs
and is now accepting applications 02/09/17 through 02/23/17.
(1 or more positions are available!)
Pre-Apprenticeship programs are designed to provide an opportunity for men and women with little or no utility experience to embark on an exciting career in an evolving industry.
- Updated resume
- Minimum 18 years of age
- High School diploma or G.E.D
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Ability to successfully pass the EEI CAST aptitude test (will schedule selected candidates to take this test after they apply and submit documentation)
- Successful completion of one of the following:
- College level “Introduction to College Algebra” course (MAT-091, the equivalent of i.e., MAT-090, MAT-092 or higher)
- NJATC Technical Mathematics Course, or equivalent with a grade of “C” or better (for Pre-Apprentice Polyphase Meterman position ONLY)
- Have a safe driving record and a valid manual transmission “Class A” Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) permit at the time of application (must obtain Class A CDL manual transmission LICENSE by March 15th 2017 in order to be further considered) (for Pre-Apprentice Lineman and Electrician positions ONLY).
For more details about the Pre-Apprentice programs, to view full job postings, and to apply for one (or more) of the openings, please visit: www.aps.jobs
Alternate Application Options:
These options are reserved for use by individuals with disabilities. Information received via these options will be routed to specialists who will provide appropriate assistance to these individuals to ensure that their data is entered into the APS online application. These specialists will not have access to existing profiles in the APS online application process and will not be able to provide any application status updates.
If you have a condition that hinders your ability to apply online, please choose one of the alternate options to submit your expression of interest in a position with APS: Call us at 602-250-2101
AA/EO Employer by Choice:
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Visit our website today for more information!