- Lead in conducting information risk assessments as assigned to the team. Request and analyze documentation necessary to perform appropriate assessment and conduct necessary interviews in order to collect and review relevant materials necessary to produce results of the assessment.
- Clearly and concisely document and communicate risk assessment results with requester, security architects and management, as appropriate.
- Conduct and formulate appropriate risk scoring, as it relates to threat, vulnerability, likelihood, impact, security controls/countermeasures, etc.
- Understand and contribute to inventory of risk register tracking, scoring and associated risk statements.
- Perform follow up activities related to exceptions, risk acceptance, corrective action plans and additional mitigation activities.
- Communicate risk treatment methodology, risk avoidance, risk acceptance, risk transference and risk mitigation to appropriate groups.
- Take lead role in partnering with multiple projects and initiatives to apply security architecture requirements, develop architecture solutions, integrate security into solution designs, access risks of security gaps, and develop architecture remediation.
- Take lead role with the teams in developing and maintaining appropriate procedural documentation which meets relevant compliance standards, such as Payment Card Industry - Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS), Health Information Trust Alliance (HITRUST), and International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 27001.
- Prepare and present solution decks to different levels of management and varying technical experience.
- Lead in assuring compliance to required standards, procedures, guidelines and processes.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor’s Degree - Information Security, Information Systems, Information Assurance, Computer Science or related field
At least 10 years' experience in Information Security, Governance, Risk and/or Compliance in absence of a bachelors degree
Master’s Degree – Computer Science, Information Security or related field
- 7 - 10 years' experience in Information Security and/or Information Risk Management and/or Information Technology
- 5 - 7 years' experience within Information Security Governance, Risk and/or Compliance functions and activities
- 7 - 10 years’ experience developing, communicating and presenting Information Security and Risk Management concepts to varying audiences
- Familiarity with technologies such as intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), firewalls, endpoint protection, web/email filtering, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), digital rights management, encryption, Security Event and Incident Management (SEIM), and virtualization platforms
- 10 - 15 years' experience in Information Security and/or Information Risk Management and/or Information Technology
- Experience working within an information security function using the HITRUST Common Security Framework (HITRUST CSF), or the NIST 800-83 cyber security framework
- Experience supporting SSAE 16 or SOC 2 Security Trust Principle audits
- IT / Information security risk advisory experience
- Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) tool experience such as ARCHER
- In-depth understanding of network security architecture, network and networking protocols
- Security industry organization participation / leadership (HITRUST, ISACA, InfraGard, ISC2, ISSA, etc.)