- Strong background in Windows, Linux, and Apple system administration concepts and practices, including configuration of network services, servers, security, backup, recovery, automation, and system tuning. ?
- Strong knowledge of systems and information security standards and their achievement in a heterogeneous environment. ?
- Data center management and best practices, including virtualized computing and storage technologies, backup, recovery, and archiving strategies. ?
- Strong Knowledge of networking protocols and proven experience collaborating with networking technicians. ?
Knowledge and Skills Preferred:
The Network Operations Center Engineer should have several years of experience interfacing with all of these technologies, some comfort level as an administrator for most of them, and deep core competency in some of the following: ?
- Direct experience with Solarwinds, Pingdom, Whatsup Gold, Prime, PRTG and other remote monitoring ?and management solutions.
- Experience with Active Directory, OpenLDAP, Apache, MySQL, IIS, SQL Server, and database queries.
- Experience with Windows 2008, 2012; Linux, RHEL & Unix, IBM PowerPC (AIX/UNIX).
- Experience with Citrix technologies.
- Knowledge of Sonicwall, Checkpoint and Cisco firewall and networking systems, DNS, DHCP, Protocol ?filtering, TCP, UDP Proxy servers, Certificates, PKI, Radius, VPN.
- Scripting or Programming Languages: Bash, batch, powershell, vbscript, C+, C# or similar.
- Knowledge of technology service frameworks such as ITIL.
- Experience working in an academic environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop & maintain effective working relationships with individuals & organizations reflecting a broad range of identities, perspectives & experiences.
Communication and Technical Leadership Competencies: ?
- Creates digital dashboards and as necessary, written reports to document the network and systems health. ?
- Must possess significant troubleshooting abilities, and be a creative problem solver with the ability to develop "out of the box" solutions.
- Possess and demonstrates the ability to solicit and gather technical details and requirements contributing to the clarity and definition required to establish project milestones, tasks, and goals. ?
- Ability to clearly summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers. ?
- Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to colleagues and other internal and external customers and business partners. ?
- Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Berklee and across functional areas. ?
- Ability to lead team meetings, including a review of ongoing and resolved performance issues, action plans and incident tracking.
- Maintain a constructive, team-oriented and customer-focused attitude at all times and in all settings. ?
- Ability to work independently and creatively, learn quickly, and solve complex problems in high-pressure situations. ?
- Ability to influence, train, mentor, and leverage the skills of others, including business partners and ?technical team members. ?
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information technology, or related field or 10+ years equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of demonstrated technical proficiency, systems and network management, project leadership, and network and systems monitoring experience. ?
- Experience with managing and monitoring a multisite environment and working with offsite data centers, hosting and managed services partners. ?
- Experience working in a high availability (5 9's) environment. ?
- Current technology certifications preferred ?
The above information on this position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by individuals within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.
*** Application Instructions Specific to this Position ***
Currently enrolled Berklee students may not apply for staff or faculty positions.
Applicants who are both interested and qualified should submit the following materials:
- Cover letter that addresses the applicant’s capabilities and experiences.
- A resume or CV.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. The position will remain open for applications until filled.
Berklee College of Music is committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
Berklee provides a diverse and inclusive work environment
We all share a universal love for listening to, and creating music
We work on Macs