We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF has recently been recognized as one of America's Best Employers by Forbes Magazine. At BASF, our largest assets are our people and the chemistry they create is fundamental to BASF's success. We welcome you to be part of our winning organization.
The position is located in Beaumont, TX and is a part of BASF's Agricultural Solutions division. We develop and produce innovative chemistries providing herbicides to assists farmers in meeting the growing demand for improved agricultural productivity. BASF Agricultural Solutions' mission is to help today's growers meet the challenges of tomorrow's hungry world.
We are seeking an I&E Technician who will be responsible for troubleshooting, testing, maintaining, calibrating and proper operation of all instrumentation, control systems, electrical support systems and electrical equipment 13.2KV and under in the plant. The successful candidate will use a wide range of test equipment, performing tests to identify problems, maintain systems and calibrate equipment to an identified performance standard. He/she will support PSM standards by participating in PHAs and follow-up on MOCs as appropriate.
- Troubleshoot plant electrical and instrument equipment.
- Repair or replace equipment as required.
- Perform preventative maintenance activities.
- Maintain proper documentation.
- Be on compensated on call rotation.
- Responsible for working overtime as needed.
Through our total offer, known as you@BASF, you'll have access to flexible work arrangements, three weeks of vacation to start, competitive health benefits, and a best-in-class Retirement Savings Plan. Add to that robust learning and development opportunities, including tuition reimbursement, and you get a compelling picture of how we support our team members. But the best part is that you'll work among other bright people with similar passion and great ideas.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Associate degree in a technical discipline or equivalent certification from an accredited Instrument or Electrical Technician Certification Program or nationally recognized trade program (e.g. NCCER). 5 years of instrument and/or electrical work experience in a related industry may be substituted for the above education requirement.
- 5 or more years of instrument and/or electrical work experience in a related industry preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to update INtools system.
- Experience with control software, IT interface systems and human-machine interface systems would be an asset.
- Journeyman electrician license a plus.
- Ability to utilize site CMMS system (e.g. SAP) as required.
- Ability to consult manufacturer's manuals, circuit diagrams and blueprints to determine tests and maintenance procedures for instruments and simple analyzers used for measuring and controlling flow, level, pressure, temperature, chemical composition and other variables in manufacturing and processing.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to produce understandable and accurate reports and records.
- Solid safety mindset, ability to perform work independently, ability to examine/analyze equipment for defects. Must also possess the ability to apply creative solutions to unique I&E problems.
- Ability to operate and use such test equipment as multimeters, loop calibrators, Hart communicator and frequency devices.
- Knowledge of reading, interpreting and updating piping and instrument diagrams, loop diagrams, instrument specification sheets, electrical one-lines, schematics and logic diagrams.
- Capable of working with DCS systems, including basic programming and troubleshooting. Must also be capable of troubleshooting programmable logic controllers (PLC) and Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS).
- Ability to use basic mathematics including algebra & geometry to take measurements and perform computations required for installation and calibration of equipment
- Applicant must be willing to document data, validate and recommend parts and components used, ensure any needed drawing updates are identified, and develop best maintenance practices and procedures.
- Applicant must be willing and able to wear all forms of PPE required for assigned tasks, including FRC uniforms and at times respirator devices.
BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Primary Location: US-TX-Beaumont
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-APN-Crop Protection North America